Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the funniest thing  a/your child ever asked you? >

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 PM

My son was about 4 and had recently gotten in trouble for putting a plastic bag over his head. In Sunday school they were talking about how Jesus died and he raised his hand and promptly told the teacher "Well, he put a plastic bag on his head" She had to tell me after service!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM

When my DH (my boyfriend back then) and I were dating, my youngest daughter was sitting on his lap and farted, she turned to DH and said "hey Terry, my butt just burped." we still laugh over that one.

My daughter helped me ice cupcakes one day. I couldn't figure out how she was getting them so smooth on top, so I asked her. She licked them. :shock: So I had to cut off all the tops and put more icing on them. :lol:
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
The summer before our DD started 2nd grade we went to Washington, D.C. and saw the Lincoln memorial, Fords theater where Lincoln was shot and the Washington monument. Well the next school year, in February and Presidents day, the kids were learning about both Lincoln and Washington...I guess learning about both at the same time as well as visiting the memorials of both presidents during the same summer trip caused my DD to be a little confused. One day while driving in the car, we were talking about what she was learning about in school and she looked at me very seriously and said, "Mommy, how old were you when Abraham Washington was shot?" Gosh, so much for being a young looking 36 year old..... !
I know how you feel, remember I must look like I was alive during WW1...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 PM

One day when my son was little[he;s 30 now] He came walking out of the bathroom with kotex stuck on the bottom of his feet."they are soft to walk on

One day when our son was little{he;s 30 now} he came strolling out of the bathroom with Kotex stuck on the bottom of his feet[they;re soft to walk on ]he said.I still tease him about wearing kotex.

'
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

sorry about double post
Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
One day when my son was little[he;s 30 now] He came walking out of the bathroom with kotex stuck on the bottom of his feet."they are soft to walk on

One day when our son was little{he;s 30 now} he came strolling out of the bathroom with Kotex stuck on the bottom of his feet[they;re soft to walk on ]he said.I still tease him about wearing kotex.

That is a good one....I laughed my head off...something my son would do...

'
Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 PM
bj

When my grandson was 3, he was watching a movie on his mom's laptop while she got ready for work. He got a funny look on his face and threw up all over it. When he told me about it he said, " Well, Granny, I was watching my movie and all of a sudden my tummy said 'Surprise!' Even now, when you tell him you brought him a surprise, he's not 100% sure it's a good thing.

When his dad was about the same age he explained to his grandmother that the lady on tv died because her breather went out...DUH!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 PM

My husband and I were going to take our GS who is two to the apple orchard. I was going to have him take a nap before my husband got home from work so he wouldn't be grouchy at the orchard. I read him a couple of books and then told him he had a choice. Sit in the rocking chair with me (he stood beside the chair while I read), or lay down on the bed. He climbed up in the chair with me and I started rocking. After a while he says "Stop rocking, I'm sick of it" I did have to ask his mom who tells him to stop doing something that their sick of it. She says she's the guilty one.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 PM

When my son was in Kindergarten(about 20 years ago) the were learning about how old different people were, my son piped up my Mom is 62, the teacher said no she isn't, you must be mistaken, he replied, "yes she is, she told me so." He had gotten my age confused with the year I was born. It took us a good six monthes to realize I wasn't 62.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM

I was waiting in line at the pharmacy one day with my 3 yo daughter and she walked up to the condoms and asked me if they were for girls - everyone in line turned around and looked at me to see what I was going to say.....so I answered that they were in a way. What do you say????? Everyone was chuckling undr their breath.