Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 12-31-2010, 05:26 PM

Well I've been reading this thread for the last couple hours.
I definately need to climb on board, I have to make some drastic changes or I'm not going to be around long.
I've gotten so heavy I can't hardly get up the stairs to the house.
I like the many ideas for quilts shared here. I think I will go with the Farmers Wife Quilt as I started it months ago and only got about 6 blocks made. Since they are 6inch blocks and there are so many of them this will be a good one for me. I litterally have 1/2 my weight to lose.
I will be starting tomorrow New Years. I will actually probably have a gain the 1st week just because of all the food over the last couple weeks but I'll know I started making the change anyway. I really need all the encouragement I can get. I'll be trying a 40 day trial of the HCG as soon as I can order it.
If I can't get some major results by the end of the school year I will be looking into bypass surgery.
Muriel
Old 12-31-2010, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
I definately need to climb on board, I have to make some drastic changes or I'm not going to be around long.
I like the many ideas for quilts shared here. I think I will go with the Farmers Wife Quilt as I started it months ago and only got about 6 blocks made. Since they are 6inch blocks and there are so many of them this will be a good one for me. I litterally have 1/2 my weight to lose.
I will be starting tomorrow New Years. I will actually probably have a gain the 1st week just because of all the food over the last couple weeks but I'll know I started making the change anyway. I really need all the encouragement I can get. I'll be trying a 40 day trial of the HCG as soon as I can order it.
If I can't get some major results by the end of the school year I will be looking into bypass surgery.
Muriel
Muriel I am betting that you will get a whole lot of encouragement here. I just keep telling myself I didn't get this heavy overnight so I'm certainly not going to lose it overnight. Here's to a successful year to us and most of all we need to learn to be kind to ourselves. Happy New Year everyone!!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 PM

When my book comes out this spring, you will have to read the poem on the "Wednesday Weighin" It is the story of the weight program of our guild. It was a hilarious time but really wrecked our fav. coffee time :) We always weighed in before coffee time :)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:56 AM

1/1/11 - A new year, a new day, a new commitment to becoming as healthy as I can be.

I couldn't carry 25 pounds (now 20) of butter every where I go, so why do I carry that much fat?

We need to be in the present - I AM improving my health by losing weight - not I will - that puts it into the future.

I am, I am, I am. Let the new year begin!
Old 01-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Yep, I am ready for a new year and a fresh start so to speak. My life in the last few weeks has been totally chaotic and it needs to change. So I have decided that this will be the year of less. All those things I don't need or want; stress, tension, clutter, and weight.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AkAngel
Muriel
Muriel,
Welcome,
As one of the members likes to say "we are doing it" not we can.
You will be successful.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Welcome Muriel!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Does everyone have an eating and exercise plan ready to go?

I started my eating plan two days ago and will start my exercise plan on Tuesday. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Well this morning I started with my Atkins Shake and a bite of banana,(the banana was to ripe to enjoy more than that)
I will be making a grocery list today and cleaning out my kitchen of all that is white or unhealthy so here we go.
Muriel
Old 01-01-2011, 10:13 PM

My plan is simple. Eat less, move more while trying to contain my mindless eating.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:14 AM

Yep Irishrose has it right. Eat less and exercise more. I also use a website "Livestrone" It has a place called my plate. I put everything I eat on line and it keeps track of my daily intake. It works for me. If you exercise it gives you more calories and you can eat more. :-)