Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 02-01-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by lauriejo
My weight isn't budging at all. I think the scale is defective. Yeah, that's gotta be what it is don't you think?
That's what I thought until I went to the Dr. when I got sick and their scale said the same thing. :thumbdown:
Sounds like you are at a plateau. It will pass. Remember you can do it, you are doing it. Don't give up it is worth it. You are worth it.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 AM

I joined the January weight loss challenge and lost 4 lbs. That's good for me as I have been gaining since my retirement 1 year ago. I also have been following this thread. I like the idea of a quilt block for each lb lost, but I don't want to make a large quilt. So, I am making a bed runner (the 10 minute table runner enlarged) and am adding a 3D flower for each lb lost.
Good luck to everyone--we can do this!!!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by gmacox
I joined the January weight loss challenge and lost 4 lbs. That's good for me as I have been gaining since my retirement 1 year ago. I also have been following this thread. I like the idea of a quilt block for each lb lost, but I don't want to make a large quilt. So, I am making a bed runner (the 10 minute table runner enlarged) and am adding a 3D flower for each lb lost.
Good luck to everyone--we can do this!!!
Welcome to our thread
I love that idea of the 3D flower.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 AM

Not much action on this thread. I hope everyone is busy sewing and working on their healthy lifestyle!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

I have been reading through this thread and know it is something I have to do. It took me a few days to come up with my quilt/wallhanging(I hope) idea. I am going to make a tree quilt. I will make a big tree and sew it to a background. Every time I loose a lb. I will make a leaf for my tree. I love fall,I love making leaves and Ineed a new lease on life. I hope to have a beautiful tree with lots of leaves.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
I have been reading through this thread and know it is something I have to do. It took me a few days to come up with my quilt/wallhanging(I hope) idea. I am going to make a tree quilt. I will make a big tree and sew it to a background. Every time I loose a lb. I will make a leaf for my tree. I love fall,I love making leaves and Ineed a new lease on life. I hope to have a beautiful tree with lots of leaves.
This is a really cool idea! The tree will be growing and you will be shrinking. I am planning on a disappearing 9 patch, if I ever actually lose any weight. I think it's time for me to get serious.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:15 AM

Well, I lost 1 but before I got mu block started, I gained it back. Need to spend more time quilting and less time eating. I want 12 blocks for a quilt this year and almost 2 months down and nothing to show for it. LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingaz
Well, I lost 1 but before I got mu block started, I gained it back. Need to spend more time quilting and less time eating. I want 12 blocks for a quilt this year and almost 2 months down and nothing to show for it. LOL
LOL I did the exact same thing! I have my diet perfected to not gain weight, but I need to get my rear in gear so I can lose some weight.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:11 AM

I have been traveling for the last two weeks. I have had lots of fun but have not been able to eat well. The only good thing is I have been able to keep up with my exercise. But I did gain 1.2. Next week I start right back and I intend to lose another 25 pounds.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

What changes/lifestyles are you all trying? I am doing low carb and so far lost 6 lbs. I am excited to get some leaves made for my tree.