Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I doing this right? >

Am I doing this right?

Am I doing this right?

Old 02-03-2011, 06:31 AM

It looks perfect. Stop being so hard on yourself and just enjoy the process. I'm sure everyone here will help with any questions you have.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful work, keep going!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:42 AM
JT

Your block looks great. Someone said don't worry about it you're not entering a quilt show, just go with it. Even if you are entering it in a quilt show, go with it. If you examine quilts at local guild shows, you will learn there are mistakes in them, things that aren't perfect. You're doing great. Keep it up!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) Deep breaths :wink: now let's have fun!!

Your block looks beautiful!! As I piece my blocks, I stop and measure the distance of my points, double checking that I have a 1/4" there before I progress :D

When you sew on your borders, place the border fabric on the bottom, your star on top. As you sew, slow down and check that your seam goes along side the star point or right on top of it. :D:D:D
Old 02-03-2011, 07:04 AM

Looks good to me. I have learned how to relax a little more with my quilting because as they say all the tiny little places will be covered with the quilting. I still rip but now no more than twice and then it stays like it is. Third times a charm. Relax, enjoy yourself and be proud of what you do.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:08 AM

Hi Carol, your star looks great and I love your colors.

You have come to the right place for help. I have been quilting for about a year. I found this board by accident and started reading all the different posts. I quickly learned that this was the place to go for help. I will forever be greatful to the friends I have made since joining. They have taught me so much and given me the encouragement and conficence I needed to actually make a quilt I was really proud of. I also found there is help and encouragement available 24/7. I will forever love this group of friends although they have enabled me to become a quilting addict.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 AM

Long time ago, at the suggestion of a friend, I sewed together fabric rectangles. I didn't know what a quilt was or was supposed to look like. My kids loved it and so did the dogs. Are you making quilts to be perfect (impossible) or to have fun? So relax, you seem do be doing so well. Make something small, go to bed and during the night the quilt fairie will come, sprinkle some magic dust on it and it will be bautiful in the morning. Try it!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:22 AM

Your piecing looks very good. Don't worry so much. Unless your going to be putting something in a judged show - don't sweat the small stuff. Only you will probably see the tiny, little imperfections - let go.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 AM

You GO Girl!!! Awesome Job!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 AM

patricia a new member. Do you know the aumish put a mistake in each quilt.So,please try not focus on mistakes,but the finish line