Newbies challenge

Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Well, it's now March 2011......are you still there?? You are prob a proficient quilter by now. I had to say "HeY" because you are a
Shermanite. I grew up in Bells......but I did go to Jefferson Elementary School for one year, so I am a little bit Sherman. What a great time I had living there. What about you?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 PM

Well, it's now March 2011......are you still there?? You are prob a proficient quilter by now. I had to say "HeY" because you are a
Shermanite. I grew up in Bells......but I did go to Jefferson Elementary School for one year, so I am a little bit Sherman. What a great time I had living there. What about you?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 PM

Shermanite. I grew up in Bells......but I did go to Jefferson Elementary School for one year, so I am a little bit Sherman. What a great time I had living there. What about you? :lol:
Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM

I am a newbie and would love to be adopted. What a great idea you have.Mert
Old 03-11-2011, 08:19 PM

This Newbie challenge is a great idea... I'm a total Newbie, so new that last night I cut my first every 5"x5" square. Today I have cut 27 more. LOL... So I can use all the help without being made to feel stupid. Thank you for helping any and all NEWBIE's like me.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:32 PM

Hi from Texas.....I'm new to the site and have been quilting for a while. If I can help with any questions, let me know. I would volunteer to be your quilting mentor, but there others who have much more experience. Still PM me and let me know if I can help you in any way.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:38 AM

K. :-D I am brand new to the site, but have been enjoying reading here. (I'm 54)

I read the first 16 p of this thread & the last handful.

what is the newbie challenge? Is it hooking up with another quilter? Or an actual project?

Finished projects:

1. 12 sq 9 patch throw at age 12, tied
2. queen sized water bed quilt in the mid-eighties, this was just 2 widths of fabrics. Some of the fabs are very interesting. clothing I had made in the 70's. rust, orange, aqua, olives, :shock: (tied)
3. log cabin throw (gift), set in diag rows, machine quilted STID the color change only in the diag rows.
4. 8 pt star throw (gift) continuously (one unending STID, around all blocks with no duplications -- yeeeaaa!) machine stitched around all blocks

UFO
1. 8 pt/4 patch/9 patch Q started in high school. The 4 patch is diag in the bit between 2 starts at the touching points, the 8 patch is the sq between 4 stars. for me
2. Q sized sampler as a gift for a friend. She has seen the top. Sorta got stuck.
3. twin sized half square, varigated light in middle to dark on edges. for gift
4. log cabin quilt as you go throw, for gift
5. bargello, King, jungle prints, for wedding gift
6. bargello, white/linen/beige tone on tone placemats, gift

innumerable Planned quilts :roll:
Old 03-14-2011, 01:57 PM

The newbie challenge is to hook up
With new quilters that have questions
So that they continue to enjoy
Quilting and do not get frustrated
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 PM

I would like to be adopted. I have just started in quilting. I got hooked on OBW so I tried to learn what I could then bought the book. My 1st is almost done. I love it! I am so impressed with the talent out there. I do not hand sew. I do OK until it is time to quilt them. I need a patient teacher.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM

I would love to be adopted? I am just starting, have my my stashs washed and pressed. Now to start cutting. Think I will start with a nine patch or trip round the world. really simple to start. Any other suggestions. I have collected materials for quite awhile, just now am organizing them. Any help at all will be appreciated.l Thanks
Originally Posted by lovemypts
I would be happy to adopt someone. If I can not answer a question I have plenty of people working here in my shop who can. I am offering. Any takers?
Tammi Jo
Friendship Star Quilt Co.