Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WaMart >

WaMart

WaMart

Old 05-26-2011, 02:38 PM

we never lost our fabric dept. have just as much as always in the fabrics, other things are gone tho embroidery patterns and thread and things along that line even scrapbooking supplies are short of what once was.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:39 PM

For everyone in Phoenix, AZ I have just called around to a few Walmarts and found that the store at 16th ave and Bethany Home Rd has a fabric dept with fabric on the bolt. It's a little bit of a drive for me. But I am in that area once a week.

Robyn
Old 05-26-2011, 03:00 PM

I think that is a big "key" - have just one person there or within the immediate area that has an ear bent to the fabric dept, it is disappointing to have to wait while someone is paiged - and even worse when you are trying to shop on your lunch hour. The last time I was in (late last week), the little gal looked more as a designated person to watch the dept and still stock shelves in towels and linens a couple ailes (sp?) over. I have heard them yell out "I'll be there in a minute" - and that is okay, I can live comfortably with that. :-)

Marysewfun
Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Our Walmart in Martinsville, IN, took out the fabric department last summer when they did a remodel and replaced it with cut bundles and fat quarters. A little while after that, I was told that it was one of the largest displays around. But then, I learned a couple of days ago that they will be putting the fabric department back in the store on July 11. Happy dance here!!!
Janis
Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM

I sure hope you are right. Our WalMart closed theirs about 2 years ago when they remodeled.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:44 PM

i newport ar i live in lonoke ar and walmart has not put back there fabric also nlr ar has not got enough either
so i hope they put it back soon
louise in ar
Old 05-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Two Walmarts near me - the newer one never had a fabric department and still doesn't; the one that's been here a few years had an excellent fabric department, it was removed, the store was expanded and remodeled, and there's still no fabric department and a "quilting and sewing" section in the (small) craft department that's about half an aisle long.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:02 PM

Just a quick note to say that I asked the woman that worked the fabric dept in the Washington PA store and she said they are bringing back her dept and she thinks it will be sometime around the middle of June - yipee!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
The Walmart on Centenniel has fabrics too. But, when I called to see if they were doing the block of the month, the girl who answered said they'd never heard of it! (so I'm not sure how big their selection is) I too have chased all over town to try and find fabrics. Thanks to all you Vegas quilters for the locations! I sure wish they would put more fabrics in more stores. And, then TELL us which ones have a more complete fabric department!
Lynn, I wonder if Walmart hasn't heard of it because it isn't block of the month, it's quilt of the month, and another program put out by David Textiles. At least that is what I've seen here in Wisc. for quite sometime. Also you can look up the Walmart site and see what I'm talking about. They show a picture of each months quilt and also it's fabric to make the quilt exactly like it's pattern. I hope this imfo helps you. Linda
Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The Walmart in my town that did away with the fabric dept. is planning to put the fabric back after a remodel. Maybe the stores are waiting for their turn to be remodeled. It won't be a whole store remodel just rearranging of space to make room for the fabric dept again. Dumb Walmart.
i wish west memphis ark, would get our fabric back