Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WaMart >

WaMart

WaMart

Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
For everyone in Phoenix, AZ I have just called around to a few Walmarts and found that the store at 16th ave and Bethany Home Rd has a fabric dept with fabric on the bolt. It's a little bit of a drive for me. But I am in that area once a week.

Robyn
Thats a bit of a drive for me too, considering I have one not 5mins away (91st Ave & Camelback). I tried to ask if they were bringing back the fabric, but the manager of that dept was not available, and the girl I spoke with did not know. Think I will give them a call today and see if the Mgr knows anything. But, thanks for the tip, on the Bethany Home store.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:33 AM

"We lost fabric in a remodel a couple years ago. The store is so messsed up now, I couldn't stand another remodel unless they tried toreturn to straight aisles, all going north and south again.[/quote]

That is what our store did--remodeled, took away fabric dept and messed up the aisles. I don't go there as much as I used to. I would be very happy if the aisles would be like they used to....I don't know what they were thinking putting aisles every which way:(. Harder to find things:(. I am sure Sam is not happy with the way things went.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 AM

The Walmart in Southern Texas is going strong. Much more fabrid than it ever had.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:39 PM

I live in Billings, Mt and they still have the fabric dept it isn't as big as it was before they did the last remodel which
has been at least 5 years ago. I liked it before but at least they still ha ve fabric on the bolt. They are suppose to start
a remodel this month but not as of yesterday. :?:
Old 05-27-2011, 12:56 PM

I was just at the one WalMart that still has fabric.... they are remodeling and will get in lots more fabric. I spoke to one of the workers and he said, it is about time they listened to you sewers.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:02 PM

I work for walmart (cashier) in Ellsworth Maine and our Walmart is not getting fabric in. Nobody can tell me why either. We got guns back and paint mixing back, but no fabric, no zippers, a little bit of thread. So not all Walmarts are bring things back.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Grammy o'5
Where in Las Vegas are you? The Walmart at Eastern & Serene (just south of the 215) has a fabric dept. They never did get rid of it. Whoo Hoo! :thumbup:
Thanks Christine - I didn't know that.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:37 PM

We still have fabric at out Wal-Mart. My inside person told me that the big wigs of the company decided they made a mistake by pulling fabrics.They also plan on getting back their gun dept. It may take awhile but they do intend to bring fabric back.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:31 AM

I've heard all the talk about the return of fabric as well. And the employees you ask also have heard both answers. I would love to have fabric back as the nearest Joann's or Hobby Lobby for me is one hour away.

I said all along they were shooting themselves in the foot. The bean counters saw they weren't making a huge profit in the fabric department so decided to eliminate it. However, people like me shop for fabric then shop for our other things. Once WM took out their fabric, I saw no reason to go. I get most of my groceries at our local grocery store. They will even match WM's ads. They LOST business since I don't shop there hardly at all anymore I don't think they took that into account when making their decision to axe the fabric department.

And "pre-cuts" don't count as a "fabric department", no matter how you slice it.

I hope they bring our fabric dept. back. Until then, I just plan my trips better. And make sure I have my Joann's coupon before I head out. :D
Old 05-28-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by musicaljan
I've heard all the talk about the return of fabric as well. And the employees you ask also have heard both answers. I would love to have fabric back as the nearest Joann's or Hobby Lobby for me is one hour away.

I said all along they were shooting themselves in the foot. The bean counters saw they weren't making a huge profit in the fabric department so decided to eliminate it. However, people like me shop for fabric then shop for our other things. Once WM took out their fabric, I saw no reason to go. I get most of my groceries at our local grocery store. They will even match WM's ads. They LOST business since I don't shop there hardly at all anymore I don't think they took that into account when making their decision to axe the fabric department.

And "pre-cuts" don't count as a "fabric department", no matter how you slice it.

I hope they bring our fabric dept. back. Until then, I just plan my trips better. And make sure I have my Joann's coupon before I head out. :D
I agree - I only go to Wally World for the fabrics/sewing notions but usually end up purchasing other items just so I don't have to make two stops. If they pulled our fabric dept. I would have no need to shop there at all! :roll: