Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WaMart >

WaMart

WaMart

Old 05-28-2011, 05:23 AM

...............And "pre-cuts" don't count as a "fabric department", no matter how you slice it. .....................

Exactly!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:01 AM

some of the stores in Florida and Maine have fabric. In Florida it is in Osprey and they never lost their fabric department and in Maine it was in Waterville. Lovely fabric.
jobo
Old 05-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by musicaljan
I've heard all the talk about the return of fabric as well. And the employees you ask also have heard both answers. I would love to have fabric back as the nearest Joann's or Hobby Lobby for me is one hour away.

I said all along they were shooting themselves in the foot. The bean counters saw they weren't making a huge profit in the fabric department so decided to eliminate it. However, people like me shop for fabric then shop for our other things. Once WM took out their fabric, I saw no reason to go. I get most of my groceries at our local grocery store. They will even match WM's ads. They LOST business since I don't shop there hardly at all anymore I don't think they took that into account when making their decision to axe the fabric department.

And "pre-cuts" don't count as a "fabric department", no matter how you slice it.

I hope they bring our fabric dept. back. Until then, I just plan my trips better. And make sure I have my Joann's coupon before I head out. :D
Does Wal-Mart honor JoAnns coupons??
Old 05-28-2011, 12:01 PM

Walmart will honor Joann's ads for a price on the identical item, but not the % off coupons, unless that is a brand new policy. They haven't in the past accepted any % off coupons, or at least mine hasn't.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:40 PM

Why don`t we e-mail or call Wal-Mart? We just lost our material dept. in a remodel too. Much bigger store and there isn`t a straight aisle any where, we were there 2 or3 times and every time I leave upset. They told me that there would be material in Wal-Mart stores that are 50 miles apart. But they don`t know how far that is from me. I give up!!! I just got back from JoAnn`s and got every thing I`ll need for awhile and will be looking in a small shop that just opened out in the country.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies
Why don`t we e-mail or call Wal-Mart? We just lost our material dept. in a remodel too. Much bigger store and there isn`t a straight aisle any where, we were there 2 or3 times and every time I leave upset. They told me that there would be material in Wal-Mart stores that are 50 miles apart. But they don`t know how far that is from me. I give up!!! I just got back from JoAnn`s and got every thing I`ll need for awhile and will be looking in a small shop that just opened out in the country.
One of the first things I had to go look for after our remodel was the Hunts pudding cups that I put in my hubby's lunch. I'd expect them to be where they always were--------with the pudding. Nope, I finally asked a manager-------------------they put them with the baby diapers and formula. I told him they could keep them there and I didn't need them.

NOt too long afterwards I found them in the new "snack" aisle. @@
Old 05-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Maybe their waiting to see how many people buy the fabric if it goes good their put in more. Just a thought. Sue
Old 05-28-2011, 10:27 PM

What I was told was the main people who run Wal-Mart had a meeting and decided they had made an error by removing fabrics,guns, and someother things.To many complaints from people, I think.Guess we will all have to wait and see if they keep their word or not.Our Wal-Mart store sells lots of fabric.Sometimes I'm not crazy for the patterns but it still sells.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Pudding cups with diapers? Makes a whole lot of sense to me :?:
Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 PM

We now have a real fabric department once again, after it had almost closed out. The clerk told me they get new fabric in daily, & are expecting better quality than they previously had.
I did notice though, that the craft section is just about non-existant.