Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 05-29-2011, 12:37 PM

I went to church, got home , fixed lunch, doing the computer thing and watching golf, then off to my sewing room, to finish cutting and making kits for my sewing lessons at church this summer. Save most of my scraps and remmants I buy for this project.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:47 PM

Yard work yesterday, DH is playing tools today, so I've been putting a border on a quilt. Tomorrow we're having friends over for a cookout.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM

We replaced our vinyl windows last fall with new ones and the supports on which the air conditioners sat no longer fit. So spent today buying materials at Home Depot and building new supports so the air conditioners won't sit directly on the lip of and put stress on the window.

Yesterday, finished piecing my last class project and I am determined to get the borders on tomorrow. Tonight I'll cut material for my next class starting on Wednesday. If I have time, I'll do some more lessons on my newly acquired EQ6.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:38 PM

I am thinking of my childhood memories when Decoration Day was exactly that----a time to visit the cemeteries. Sad as it is, I find many do not realize what Memorial Day is, when it was started nor why. To date it is set on a certain day rather than just whatever day the 30th landed upon. It seems to me that many look at it as an entitlement of free vacation day and have forgotten our fallen soldiers. Oh, by the way, Decoration Day began after the Civil War as a day to bring flowers to the war dead.

Personally, today and tomorrow I am remembering those family members in my heart (cemeteries are two states away) and I will continue doing what I have done all this week--making simple charity quilts for my Project Linus sister Chapter in Joplin, Missouri, site of the devastating tornado.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

Mr. Stitchnripper is trying to paint the kitchen cabinets. Going from oak to a warm soft white - many problems trying to figure out the system. One - didn't let primer dry enough. Two - small roller works better than brush. Three - high gloss latex is "persnickety" to quote the fellow in the paint store who told us this after we bought it and tried it.

I am offering moral support and cleanup. And trying to go through my fabrics and decide what is a usable scrap? What is a small piece? Will I ever use this? How should I sort? By size? Color? Project?

Open to suggestions on the paint or sorting process!!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:17 PM

We always follow the tradition of going to the cemetery to take flowers for my father's grave site and kinda clean it up too. Then we will have dinner together. It's just me and my husband, my mom and my sister together this year. Today at church one of the speakers gave such a wonderful talk about Memorial Day and the gratitude we must all feel for the blessing of a free country. It came with a price and we should never forget those who paid it for us.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma B
We were planning to spend the weekend in Theodore Roosevelt Park; but with the run-off from the mountains in Montana;the Garrison dam in Lake Sackewea has been releasing lots of water down stream. The park is flooded where we normally park our camper, and all small streams and creeks anre filling up with this water also.

BIsmarck is suffering from this; many people are getting flooded out. BIsmarck is bulding a dam to protect most of the city from this ever happening again. THose who have built on land that was built up for home development are the ones that are really suffering. South Dakota is starting to feel this also at Pierre.
See Bismarck and S. places I know.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:40 PM

I moved my sewing room down stairs, what a job. Now I have to decide how to set everything up. I know I will move it afer I work in there for awhile.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:37 PM

Just taking it easy after a whirlwind week with my daughter and son-in-law's visit from Washington. We had a great time that included the Quilt Show in Kerrville and quilting the Carpenter Star together.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:55 PM

i will be sitting here along with hubby , both wishing we were outside doing something , i had a hysterectomy last week and he had leg surgery 3 weeks ago !!