Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need design help. >

Need design help.

Need design help.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Kathleen charnell
Love the colors , what is the pattern?
Thank you!! It is "Baubles and Beads" by Debbie Caffrey. It can be found at the Quilters Club of America (QCA) website. Look on the home page on the left side under Community Fun. You will see a link for Mystery Quilt Workshop #4.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM

Sorry, I am no help.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 PM

This is really funny but I just finished this quilt design from a LQS at a retreat in the North Georgia mountains. After looking at this quilt for a long time, I decided to do a three leaf pattern in the lighter areas around the stars. I didn't want to make it too busy but wanted the stars to pop out so I highlighted them with outline stitching. For the small beading, I used a wavy line from corner to corner, following the pattern across the quilt. This brought out the beading. For the larger beading I used smaller leaf pattern following the beading across the quilt. When I get it back from a friend, I will post it. Hopefully, you were also at the same retreat! JC
Old 06-08-2011, 12:31 PM

beautiful quilt...
Old 06-08-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Cherokeequilter
This is really funny but I just finished this quilt design from a LQS at a retreat in the North Georgia mountains. After looking at this quilt for a long time, I decided to do a three leaf pattern in the lighter areas around the stars. I didn't want to make it too busy but wanted the stars to pop out so I highlighted them with outline stitching. For the small beading, I used a wavy line from corner to corner, following the pattern across the quilt. This brought out the beading. For the larger beading I used smaller leaf pattern following the beading across the quilt. When I get it back from a friend, I will post it. Hopefully, you were also at the same retreat! JC
Oh - the same quilt!! I love it! Sadly, I was not at the same retreat. I can't wait to see pictures!!! Thanks so much for the ideas. I have less than a month to get it finished and picking out the quilting design is the hardest part for me!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:38 PM

I am a top maker and hate the quilting part of the whole process, but I wanted to chime in with how BEAUTIFUL this is, especially when you picked fabrics not knowing what they would turn out to be!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey
I am a top maker and hate the quilting part of the whole process, but I wanted to chime in with how BEAUTIFUL this is, especially when you picked fabrics not knowing what they would turn out to be!!!!!!!
Thank you so much! I have to say that my LQS had a huge part in helping me pick the fabrics and I am thrilled with the results!!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by paulswalia
someone else taught me this, so I don't take credit. Get a piece of clear plastic big enough to cover at least a quarter of the quilt. (Joanne's sells it off a roll where the drapery and upholstery fabric is). Lay it over the quilt top and draw quilting designs on it with a dry erase marker. You can erase the marker with a piece of batting. This allows you to audition quilting designs without harm to the quilt.
such a great idea-thanks for sharing-
Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM

gorgeous quilt.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 PM

I have no design advise but your quilt is beautiful!!