Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Putting your label on your quilts >

Putting your label on your quilts

Putting your label on your quilts

Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by katybob
I sew my label on with a decorative stitch before I start quilting and quilt through it. I usually put at least my name, the name of the person I'm giving it to, and the occasion, like "Christmas, 2011". If I know the pattern name and designer of the pattern, I put those on the label, too.
Thank u for sharing with us all, what a great idea and all the info on the label. Mayb u should post a pic here of one. I saw where someone sewed it in the corner right into the binding and loved it, cant find it again and wanted to write the person, it was so nice and fit right into the quilt so snug.......maybe it was u//??
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
Where, when and how do you put your labels on your quilts? Do you put them on before its quilted, after its quilted, do you iron it on or sew it on? If you sew it on, do you sew it by hand or machine? What do you put on your labels?

Just curious as to everyone does them. :?:
I think this was a great post and I am looking forward to all the answers from everyone
Old 07-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

depends on the quilt= some i add before quilting- others i add before the binding-so the binding covers a side and bottom of the label.
i always sew them on- they do not hold up just being fused- if the quilt will be used and laundered-
what to put on the label?
i put the name of the quilt-
if i used someone's pattern- i include that information- if i designed the quilt then i put that i designed-pieced and quilted it. if someone else were to quilt it i would include that information- the date (usually just month and year)
my city--state
and care instructions/fiber content (if i use a poly batt- or something else...wools my fav...i include what ever i've used...such as quilt top and bottom 100% cotton- batting dream wool...
Old 07-31-2011, 05:01 PM

I make my labels on my Embroidery Machine

Julia
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
Originally Posted by katybob
I sew my label on with a decorative stitch before I start quilting and quilt through it. I usually put at least my name, the name of the person I'm giving it to, and the occasion, like "Christmas, 2011". If I know the pattern name and designer of the pattern, I put those on the label, too.
Thank u for sharing with us all, what a great idea and all the info on the label. Mayb u should post a pic here of one. I saw where someone sewed it in the corner right into the binding and loved it, cant find it again and wanted to write the person, it was so nice and fit right into the quilt so snug.......maybe it was u//??
Here's two labels for quilts I've made for friends for this Christmas. Looks like I didn't quite practice what I preached -- I could have put more information on them!

Labels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234781[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-234775.jpe
Views:	43
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	234781  
Old 08-01-2011, 06:41 AM

I make my labels on my printer. I put the name of the pattern, quilted by: & pieced by:,occasion and date.
For baby quilts I try and put the baby's information or draw lines so the mom/dad can write the info. I sew 2 sides into a corner when I am sewing on the binding, then hand sew the other 2 sides.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:03 AM

I don't get labels on my quilts.