Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? >

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 AM

I am getting ready for my one mile walk, and then I am going to mow our next door neighbor's lawn and then I am going to sew a "Corn and Beans" block together and then I am going to finish up a Barn Quilt that I have made for my sister. Oh, I have laundry to do and ironing to do and put the flag out!!!!!! Will do some barbequing for us tonight. So that is about it for the day. Oh, I may do another Leslie Sansone walking exercise and another walk with the dog during the day sometime. That's about it!!!! Have a great day and God Bless all our laborers (of which my husband was one - for 34 years)!!!! Edie
Old 09-05-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
I am going to be quilting on a quilt I am making for someone I work with...she is 31 and has breast cancer and is going through chemo, then will have surgery, then more chemo and I wanted to make her a quilt to use while she is getting the chemo and to cuddle with to give her some comfort. It is pinks and browns and is the Lucky Star pattern. Basted it just a while ago, and hope to get it quilted tomorrow and then bound and to her before end of week.

So, what are you working on??
I am trying to finish up some Quilts for Kids. I am a couple weeks over the deadline, so want to get mine to be added to the kit they sent me. I quilted 3 quilts on the long arm yesterday. Today I am going to make a run to Joanns to see if I can find a complimentary fabric for the border on the one I am making now. Just going to hang around and try to finish up loose ends while we are having a rainy day.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 AM

Just finished working 5 days supervising/running the quilt show at the local county fair. If I do anything today, it will be in my recliner with my feet up.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:50 AM

Im quilting on customer quilts and during breaks am working on a paper pieced round robin
Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 AM

I am working on a tube quilt for my dgd. Hope to get it done before Thanksgiving, this year. LOL.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Swap Hosts

Patchsamkim, that is a wonderful kindness. Yet another example of how loving quilters are.

I am working on two black and white doll quilts for this month's swap. Always so much fun.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:11 AM

I had planned to go cubbing today, but the weather nixed that....So, I think I'll work on FMQ the quilts I have prepared as gifts for my niece and nephew and should have done all ready. Summer is my outdoor time so I don't get much sewing done. I have too many projects - not enough time. Sound familiar?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 AM

I am working on a Countdown to Halloween calendar for my grandsons.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Have my plates ready for the blocks on my very first Dresden Plate quilt. Having a little difficulty measuring exactly how W and L I want the quilt. The bed is King size, and the 25 inch blocks look enormous to me. Wish me luck while we celebrate Labor Day!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
I am going to be quilting on a quilt I am making for someone I work with...she is 31 and has breast cancer and is going through chemo, then will have surgery, then more chemo and I wanted to make her a quilt to use while she is getting the chemo and to cuddle with to give her some comfort. It is pinks and browns and is the Lucky Star pattern. Basted it just a while ago, and hope to get it quilted tomorrow and then bound and to her before end of week.

So, what are you working on??