Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? >

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Old 09-05-2011, 04:40 AM

I am doing something I bet few of you have done. I am patching a quilt that my sister made when she was in the 7th grade! We are both retired now and Mama had it quilted for her and gave it to her for Christmas when she was a newly wed. It's the only quilt she's ever done but she has used the heck out of it! It is in shreds and realistically isn't salvageable BUT she asked me to fix it even with patches as she called it. SO I am Patching my sister's quilt!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:43 AM

I am working on a Double Wedding Ring quilt. I have scheduled time with a long armer to have it quilted in November.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:57 AM

Hi, I'm finishing up my last Xmas Wall Hanging,quilting & binding left to do. these were UFO's from last year. Then I will start a quilt for my cousin for Christmas.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Bea Here, First god speed to you friend! Well as for what am I doing on LBD. My machine died a most painful death. She has been replaced buy a new machine that won't be here till Tues. :cry: So I am giong to finish getting my sew area in order. I don't want any delays when it gets here. I have 12 grandchildren all wanting there quilts. You see I am new to quilting. My first quilt was for my grandaughter on her 16th birthday. Now I have 12 more to make. I belong to Common Threads Quilters' Guild in DeRidder LA. You might get a kick out of this. Not knowing anything about quilting my firest project was a paper piecing. Boy did learn a lot.Well I have gone on for too long. Have a nice LBD. Bea
Old 09-05-2011, 05:01 AM

Number 3 daughter wants an art quilt that I have been working on for months and a zillion stitches. She also wants to see who can make the best anime rag doll with costume(very fun, have to make my own pattern). Number 1 daughter wants an Elizebethan costume for Halloween(also fun) My pottery partner wants to do glazing and number 2 daughter says her sewing machine is broken. Think I'll go make ice cream and eat it all.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:02 AM

Adding borders to a commissioned t-shirt quilt. Trimming the threads from another small commissioned quilt and getting some work done on some quilts that I want to give as gifts.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 AM

I'm working on a t-shirt quilt for a friend whose husband(age 53) passed away, He was an avid motorcycle man and he had lots of t shirts. She asked me if I would make a quilt because she couldn't bear the thought of someone wearing his t's.Her grief is so heartbreaking,I hope this will help.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 AM

Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Jennifer
I'm working on a flayed edge bullseye quilt. I have the background square cut. Now just need to cut the circles and sew away. I have had a kit from connecting threads (Bed in Breakfast collect) for a few years and have done nothing with it but stare at it. It feels so good finally cutting into the fabric for another project. Link to the directions below.

http://vintagebyhart.typepad.com/vin...eye-quilt.html
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
In the back of a closet I found ten yards of 100% wool, a tiny back and white herringbone, so I have been making a winter blanket for our bed. Today is our 35th wedding anniversary.
Happy Anniversary! My husband and I celebrated 38 years last month.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
Need to finish quilting my Whacko Geckos. It's a Graduation/Off to College present for a young friend.

Pillow panel "Red Hat" LogCabin that my mom has asked me to make for my Aunt. It was due last year, lol

Yellow Brick Road in purples for a Cystic Fibrosis fundraiser.

Then a quilt some one has asked me to make for a new baby.

We spent Fri-Sun collecting strollers from several people who donated them through the internet groups Craigslist and Freecyle. Strollers are going to the local Ronald McDonald House. There was a story on the news on Thursday that they were needing them for the patients to use while they were staying at the house.

Busy Weekend!

My best to your friend. I've been fighting for the last 3 years. It's hard, but it's not neccisarily a death sentence anymore. I believe attitude is 90% of beating it. She needs to Fight Like a Girl!!!
Love the geckos!!!!!!!!!