Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? >

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on???

Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 PM

I just finished a quilt with "cars" material for my sister's grandson. Made a matching pillow case.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
Canning salsa and tomatoes. Guess that doesn't count, huh? Ok, also been working on blocks for a sampler quilt.
Well sort of you are quilting peppers and tomatoes the only way they can be quilted, lol. Sure sounds good do you need my mailing addy? I love chips and salsa.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:35 PM

A friend of my passed away from cancer and I am making a t-shirt quilt out of his shirts for his partner.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Working all this flannel into receiving blankets. A bunch of them! Iover time I have acquired several pieces of flannel at Joanns sales. Anyone notice how wide the selvages have become. Really lose alot in the width.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:53 PM

I put up cabinets in my sewing room and reorganized! I am ready to go back to work. That was definately tooo labor intense!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:55 PM
QM
Power Poster

Mainly, I am sorting out boxes from our recent move. However, I have gotten some work done on my Cats in the Garden quilt that I am making for our local animal shelter to raffle.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 PM

QFK's charity quilts.....finished 6 of theirs and 2 of 3 of my own to add to the shipment back to them.

So, worked on the last one today.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 PM

I'm working on a log quilt made with beautiful batik fabrics. It makes me so happy to sew. Really enjoying my weekend. Have twelve of the 24 squares complete!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 PM

I'm finishing up all the co-ordinating nursery decorating items for my daughter and son-in-law's first baby - quilt, window valence, lamp and lamp shade, baby clothes hamper, 2 wall pictures, and several decorative items. Also, my husband made a lovely shelf to put on the wall. The shower is next Saturday and I'm hosting it (at our church). The co-ordinating fabrics I'm using are Benartex "Habitat" http://benartex.com/page/index.php?p...collection=260 except, not the florals. (daughter and I chose the fabrics together.) They look better in person than on the website, and I'm using lots of the dotted fabrics.

Also finishing up the binding on a quilt for our Prayers and Squares ministry. I've been sewing so much I've done something to my back, but I'm being more careful now and it's feeling better. :roll:

Oh, and DH and I made fruit relish (kinda like chili sauce) today. C9P
Old 09-06-2011, 02:42 AM

WOW! What a busy bunch! And what a caring group! Just finished reading all the input and am thinking, I was pretty busy too.
First, I made a huge pot of pasta sauce with a mound of tomatoes, peppers and onions from our garden and froze it for the winter. Sunday I made a pizza with more veggies from the garden, in between working in the workshop on finishing my doll quilt swap project. Have to make the label and will be finished. Also I check the e-mails in between these projects. Made apple/blueberry muffins for breakfast yesterday, and then picked a huge spaghetti squash for dinner last night. Grandson loves stuffed spaghetti squash so have enough left over for another small meal. In the meantime, I am also working on a ninja turtle whole cloth quilt with matching pillow case for the charity sewers I joined about a year ago. Have also made a couple of mug rugs/pot holders/soup bowl huggers out of scraps.
Gu
ess that qualifies me for the busy group here!! Love to all!