Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where do you stay on vacation? >

Where do you stay on vacation?

Where do you stay on vacation?

Old 09-27-2011, 05:59 PM

We went to Palm Springs Ca. and rented a home, that had been at one time owned by Henry Mancini. I'd do that again in a minute!

http://www.palmspringsrentals.com/pa...esa-estate/167
Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM

WE camp in a rustic camp ground, no electricity, running water or showers! The lake is the bathtub and this year we bought a small trailer.That is our vacation each year since we were married. 40 years ago.!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Have to give you huge kudos - my idea of 'roughing it' is no room service!! LOL!
Originally Posted by Up North
WE camp in a rustic camp ground, no electricity, running water or showers! The lake is the bathtub and this year we bought a small trailer.That is our vacation each year since we were married. 40 years ago.!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
Have to give you huge kudos - my idea of 'roughing it' is no room service!! LOL!
There is nothing more peaceful than being on a lake and listening to the waves lap at the shore in total silence! Having to go to the outhouse is not as much fun but they are better now than they used to be. I do not enjoy staying in a motel nearly as much! I can sit in the sun and read a book or get in the Kayak and enjoy the afternoon.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
There is nothing more peaceful than being on a lake and listening to the waves lap at the shore in total silence! Having to go to the outhouse is not as much fun but they are better now than they used to be. I do not enjoy staying in a motel nearly as much! I can sit in the sun and read a book or get in the Kayak and enjoy the afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-263345.jpe
Views:	71
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	263398  
Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM

My husband had always done rental homes when traveling in Europe. Now that he lives here in the states ... with *me* ... we do hotels :)

Last year for the first time in both of our lives we did an all inclusive. We liked it so much we're going back to the same place 3 short weeks from now!! Can't wait. I need me some beach time.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:57 PM

When we go to Lancaster we always stay in the same motel. It has changed hands many times over the past 12 years that we have been going. It is now a Best Western. It is pretty central to all of the places we go. When we go to the lake for our yearly vacation we rent the same house every year-this year was year 14.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:02 PM

have an idea......................... we could swap homes for two weeks. you can vacation in Michigan and we will vacation in N. Carolina...... How does that sound. We could really save some money.
we are actually going to our time share in the Bahama's(free port) in October. But I would love to visit north carolina.

reminds me of a permanent house swap here in michigan. one family lost their job and they swapped with someone whose house was pd. off and it was a win win situation. the one that had a job moved into a bigger newer home and the one that didnt have a job got a nice 900 sq. ft. home that was pd. off.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:10 PM

Motorhome, camping it is very difficult to have a
campfire in a hotel room.
Lana
the Quilting Dreamer
Lansing, MI
Old 09-27-2011, 07:12 PM

quilting dreamer,
did you attend the quilt affair in Howell with Ami Sims on Saturday? I am in the livonia guild and 6 of us went to the show and to hear her speak.
my daughter lives in Okemos. GO GREEN!