Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was/is your occupation >

What was/is your occupation

What was/is your occupation

Old 10-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

I was a Mental Tech. for 25 years, now retired.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 AM

I am a wife and mother and new grandmother. Other than being a wife and mom and grandmother (which I am very proud of!) my husband and I are missionaries -- I have served as a secretary for our mission board and a bookkeeper.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 AM

OK, that is the best of all!
I am a librarian and political factchecker.
Originally Posted by nab1213
I am the Quality Assurance Manager For a Candy Company.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:14 AM

I was a fashion Designer for 38 years .....now I am retired and sewing what I want to do...
Old 10-14-2011, 05:15 AM

I am a university instructor and advisor to transfer students.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:18 AM

Police Officer - resigned in 2006 with an injury. 5 back surgeries. Now - not able to work.

I'm Assistant to the Executive Director of a non-profit agency -- alcohol and drug substance abuse prevention.

Kat

WOW...do you really want to know...I've done a lot of things. Started out in 1967 working for the federal government at the navy base where my dad worked and retired from. Always classified as a Clerk Typist but I had one job that I had to be cleared for Top Secret in Ammunition during VietNam war. Everything was in code. Did different secretarial stints for Carnation, Classified Advisor for the newspaper, worked at Montgomery Ward twice...first time selling sewing machines and vacuum cleaners and the 2nd time in the Automotive Dept., real estate agent when interest rates were over 17% and then I found the job I loved the most...Insurance. I started out as the policy typist and worked my way up by taking classes till I became a Property & Casualty Underwriter. When my dad died we were in the middle of building a new home and when it was finished my mother moved in with us for the last 5 years of her life. I worked a seasonal temp job from spring till fall before she died...at a greenhouse. She died in Jan. 2000 and after that I decided to stay home and allow hubby to support me. LOL
Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 AM

Deputy Coroner
Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by KerryK
Originally Posted by Charlee
Right now I'm an office manager, but I still have my Commercial Driver's License so if we want to go back to trucking we can! :)
I always thought that would be so much fun, being on the road, seeing lots of new places. We had friends who did that for a bunch of years, saved all the money they could while on the road, and retired early. I am retired, was an Exec. Assistant for a major corporation for 31 years. Loving retirement - get up when I want to, go to bed when I want to, and no one to answer to but hubby and my Gracie-girl!
Oh, I almost forgot! I'm not totally retired. I have a thriving eBay business that keeps me hopping, especially this time of the year. So nice earning money and never leaving home! :)