Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was/is your occupation >

What was/is your occupation

What was/is your occupation

Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 AM

I am a secretary for the state. Will be 34 years the first of January. Hope to retire in five years or so then join a quilt guild, homemakers club, who knows what. I also do volunteer work with church, a local 1920's theater being restored, humane society, American Sewing Guild.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:59 AM

retired sp.ed. teacher
Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 AM

I am a Medical Technologist for the past 32 years as well as the Laboratory Manager the last 9 and Outpatient Services Director for the last 2. (Concurrently) I have also raised 3 wonderful boys and wife to a farmer, rancher.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:01 AM

Unemployed Accountant for 30 odd years...Specialed in Sales & Use Tax. I am working at a sewing store about 3-5 hours a week (i call it my hobbyjob). Been looking for full time for 2 years...I'll keep looking hopefully I'll find something good.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

hmmm.. well I have done: in-home daycare, administrative Assistant,Home Maker,now currently I am a jack of all trades as I work in a man's business..LOL Trucking.. I am currently:the dispatcher for both city and linehaul, data entry clerk,CSR,inbound clerk, outbound clerk, manifest clerk hmmm.. what else do I do??Oh yeah janitor too !LOL
Yes my day is mentally challenging !and I am beat by the time I come home. So usually its dinner, play with my dog then bed !LOL get up do it all over again !!LOL
Old 10-14-2011, 06:04 AM

My husband and daughter builds houses and I do the bidding, figuring and buying.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:05 AM

I missed the WAS part, when I got paid to work I wired elevator controllers. I've also managed a craft/art supply store, taught a few decorative painting classes, worked in a dollhouse store. Anytime I worked in a craft related job, I usually left most of my pay there.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:07 AM

I was a floral designer for local florists. I came home from work one day and husband said.."I have an idea" I thought uh oh...! "You are going to open your own shop!" So..I gave notice and in two weeks I opened my own flower shop. I started on a shoe string budget..and thrived for 15 years. Our daughter got married..and she and I did all of the work for it. My DH helped us. On the way home after the wedding he said, " I have an idea...another UH OH!" "I think you should close the shop and stay home and quilt. I didn't realize how hard this job is" I just turned my head and said "OKAY"
I loved being a floral designer. I have been retired for 5 years. I have been quilting for 28 years and love every single moment of it.
I am also a soldier fighting a battle with cancer.
Peace and Blessings,
Old 10-14-2011, 06:08 AM

My main career was raising 8 children but, while doing this I also owned and ran a daycare. I love to be a teacher at day care. Most people think that when you say caregiver at a day care that you sit and watch the kids. Not so. As a day care you teach the children, play with them, read to them and nurture them. I have taught children 1 thru 5 for many years and have trained folks to be day care teachers. We do not have a teaching degree but, a certificate of early childhood education and I really miss doing that.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 AM

Clinical Psychologist(31 years) along with and followed by Tournament administrator for nationally based bass and saltwater fishing tournaments (25 years)