Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was/is your occupation >

What was/is your occupation

What was/is your occupation

Old 10-18-2011, 06:39 AM
nab

I am part owner of a Research Institute. In this business I am an office manager, research assistant, billing officer for health insurance and anything else that needs to be done.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 AM

I am an administrator. I get rid of procedures and practices that don't work and replace them with what does AFTER consulting the bottom-to-midmanagement staff who's forced to work with them. These are the best folks to tell me where things can be streamlined, what is not effective or efficient and how to replace them with ways that work AND add to the bottom line of money and time saved.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Radiologic Technologist/Professor/Clinical Coordinator Rad Tech
(Sorry, I wear many hats!)
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
I am retired now. I worked for 24 years for the local newspaper called The Destin Log.
Hey Faye! That's my hometown! Love me some Destin, Fl!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Glenda TX
Registered nurse in the operating room. Now retired after working 41 years in the OR. I loved what I did and felt very blessed.
I did operating room radiology and loved it too! Great being a part of the OR team!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieM
Was a high school dropout (how dumb was that!). Got married (dumber still), then had three children and divorced the albatross. Ten years out of high school, I went back to school and college and within eight years received a doctorate.

Before I discovered quilting in 2004, I was a higher education administrator at several universities and an Executive Director of statewide math and science programs (at different times) in two different states. My focus was in Program Management and Major Fund Raising.

Congratulations! You are a testimony for all those who started out hard and stuck with it to accomplish your goals. Praying that my daughter will do the same.

I have lived in a dozen different states during career moves. I loved my jobs, but found that I love quilting more. So, I quit work to spend fulltime in this newfound artistic hobby. When I have some spare time, I also evaluate programs for the Feds.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Not easy to catagorize
In no particular order: career counselor, management training, organization development, Admission Director at a small liberal arts college, ran women's workshops on personal growth and empowerment, trained private-school parents to lead discussion groups in their schools, ran a clerical skills training program for low income women (all while living in NYC), in NH I ran a small volunteer program providing visitors to homebound and disabled folks.
My time is my own now, thus no longer needing to husband it - and, as a result, get practically nothing done.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:16 AM

I've been in something related to 'show biz' all my life. Started singing in the Honolulu Children's Opera Chorus at 6 years old, also learned stage tech and eventually became a stage manager. Performed through college, but exclusively mangement since then. Have worked for the City of Seattle for 27 years booking & running events. They called me the 'rock queen' for a long time as I was in charge of almost every rock concert at the Coliseum for over 10 years but when I started having kids the doc said no more 22 hour days...so they split the shifts up to maximun of 12 hours. These days I mostly just book the events, stick with opera, ballet (they tend to be better behaved...), consumer shows and occasionally consult on security, crowd management or techincal matters. I don't run as well on 4 hours of sleep as I used to... :shock: Go figure...
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar
I am an administrator. I get rid of procedures and practices that don't work and replace them with what does AFTER consulting the bottom-to-midmanagement staff who's forced to work with them. These are the best folks to tell me where things can be streamlined, what is not effective or efficient and how to replace them with ways that work AND add to the bottom line of money and time saved.
:thumbup: I'm sure many companies could benefit from people like you. I know my employer could.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:55 PM

at the moment I seem to been a perpetual patient for a local Dr