Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Recipes for ice cream made in the Cusinart Ice Cream maker >

Recipes for ice cream made in the Cusinart Ice Cream maker

Recipes for ice cream made in the Cusinart Ice Cream maker

Old 10-26-2011, 03:39 PM

We had a bumper crop of raspberries this year and I started substituting FF half and half for the heavy cream. I t was pretty good. It gets hard if you store it but is good when it is fresh
Old 10-26-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pam1111
Here is the recipe for generic vanilla ice cream and you can add strawberries, crushed pineapple, chocolate chips, pecans, and walnuts to create various wonderful flavors!

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
Vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar

Mix all together and pour into the frozen Cusinart bowl. Mix for 20 mins and at the last 5 mins add any thing you want to change the flavor!

Very easy but thebheavy whipping cream is 5 grams of fat per tablespoon. It is definitely delicious. I think I will try the sherbet by Arimuse.
oh, the sherbet is soooo easy. I meant to say: WHEN you use citrus fruit, add the zest to the syrup - you dont need to add it to any other fruit. I bought 10 limes for 1$, and the recipe was 3 limes, and 2 lemons, but didnt have lemons so used 5 limes (made about 1 cup of lime juice) WOW - even with 1 cup of sugar it was tart! so I think 3 limes would be fine. I have 5 limes left and bought 1 lemon, will squeeze all and make a double batch and freeze in 2 parts.
The orange was about 1 cup oj, some orange zest (I really tried to squeeze 1 fresh orange, but they're so danged expensive I ate it! lol)
What I think I'll do is test some batches by using less and less sugar. I dont mind a real tart flavor with citrus and other fruits may not be so tart. I just need enough sugar to keep the stuff from turning into ice cubes. They say splenda works like sugar so maybe it keeps things from freezing too hard, also. If I read some lowcalorie cartons at the store, if they list splenda as an ingredient, it might work fine.
I also bought a grapefruit, cus I love them, and I bet that would taste great as a sherbet. This comes out so creamy due to the egg white its almost liike icecream. I did make some ice cream before this; it took cream, it was very rich. Tasted great, but just way too rich for me - this sherbet is just perfect for its taste and "richness" sharet (oh, I want to make mango,watermelon and cantaloupe, too)
Old 10-26-2011, 04:34 PM

I bought the Cusinart also as have to make my own dairy free ice cream. I use canned coconut milk instead of any dairy. The secret I have found to keep the ice cream from being icy solid is to add about 3/4 teaspoon of sea salt when I give it the last turn in the blender before freezing it. There is no salty taste, to me anyway. Butter Pecan is my favorite but like the fruit types, too.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 AM

I use evaporated milk instead of cream and I have even mixed up powered milk really strong, and use it in place of cream. I have not used cream in years. I make icecream a lot, and always use evaporated milk and powered milk, a mixture of the two of them, I never measure how much powered milk, I just pour it into a bowl and add water to make the amount that I want. My icecream always comes out extra smooth and creamy
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 AM
SEW

I think I will drag my cusinart out of storage and try my hand at making ice cream again...you have inspired me!