Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chergram View Post
please tell me how to find pm that are sent to me to read have tried can not sem to get it thanks
Click Home/Private Messages. On the left of your screen is your Inbox and Sent box
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 PM

I really don't like this new board, it takes up to much time looking for anything. I also don't like our signature no longer showing, after we worked so hard to accomplish it showing up along with our picture. I just tried to open a few attachments (example) to look at the star block and the farmers two blocks and some of them won't open. You have to go in and out two or three times to make it work. I don't spend two or three hours enjoying this board now that you
changed it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one saying this.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 PM

Default just miss the old board

Originally Posted by dotski View Post
okay here's what i found and please jump in if i'm not correct.under the blue banner that says qb daily digest is a link that says quilting message board it has categories and looks like you can read posts til you drop or til you reached the last one you read...also in the same area is a link that say's recent topic's but they are all mixed up but again you can read til you have reached the last post you read. now i have a question how do you know what you have read since the envelopes don't change color. i have not read the board daily like i used too i'm just finding it too hard to understand. if anybody has any ideas to help a blond around this site feel free to yell.
I used to read the board everymorning first thing before any other emails. I just get discouraged on this new one and give up. I have tried several times to get into this new design but can't find things I always looked at and have to look at dates on when things are posted and not see just the newest postings. I have really tried and just can't do this new board. I wish there was another like the old one and I would go there immediately. :-(
Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
i just keep clicking on 'what's new'. i like that.
Thats what I do too, seems to be the easiest.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Sorry, but this is even more confusing.... I, too, am not reading this daily as before... just don't have time to HUNT for articles and postings of my interest.
I think I'm going to bail out. Tried this new thing, but still believe: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me in the past; or replied with nice words; or just made me laugh. You're a great bunch of quilters, crafters, cooks and just doggone nice people from all over the world.

Best wishes and my prayers for your health and safety and happiness.

cpfrog
Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM

i still like the old format better. it was simple.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:33 AM

I have logged in every day for the last week, been in Archives, and nothing shows up in a different color. That's whats so frustrating, is the fact, that one thinks they have it figured out and then it proves us wrong. I have a laptop and I have Windows XP. So what am I doing wrong. I click on What's new everyday also, and find way too many topics on there that I have already read. I'm happy that it works for you.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:16 AM

Default Quilting Services

Good Morning,
I am in need of someone who does machine quilting, I have several to be done. Is there a listing of quilters that do this for a living? I damaged my arm and am limited to what I can do. Please advise by PM

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-14-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: remove personal email
Old 11-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Banned

Default somebody 'splain it to me

Where do you find My Topics like on the old format???
Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
If you go to archive at the bottom of the page it will list all messages in order and the ones read will be a different color. This is how I view all my topics now, it is less of a headache than trying to navigate through the main page.
That is the way I read the board too.