Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Where Is....   questions >

Where Is.... questions

Where Is.... questions

Old 11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

Dear ManiacQ, You are so right! as far as color. First you have to chose the text you want to color by placing the cursor at the biggining of where you want the color to start. Press the left click down and hold while you move the cursor across the text you want to color. At the end lift the click and the text to color should be highlighted in a tone of blue.
now go to the tool bar above your text and click on the capital A that has an arrow down next to it. A selection of colors should appear. Chose one and click on it. The color does not show up untill you submit or post your text. I hope you see this and try it.
peace
Old 11-14-2011, 03:19 PM

"My pages" were moved to blogs. if you kept them as bookmarks, they are in bookmarks on your "Settings" tab. If you want to see where all your posts are, click on "My Profile", and look on the left...it shows posts you started, and posts you commented on.

I see your post three times now, they are getting through.

I just looked at your BLOG, it has 27 entries in it, this is just a sample of what I saw there, isn't that what you're looking for?

[h=4]polka dot pineapple[/h]by ube quilting on 10-28-2011 at 05:34 PM
CategoriesUncategorized

0 Comments

[h=4]finish ufs/wip 2012[/h]by ube quilting on 10-26-2011 at 05:05 PM
CategoriesUncategorized

0 Comments

[h=4]ladder stitch for binding[/h]by ube quilting on 10-22-2011 at 08:23 PM
CategoriesUncategorized

Last edited by mzzzquilts; 11-14-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
Your "My Pages" are in your blog. There are several ways to find it. One way is to Click on My Profile at the very top of any page, then click on Blog.
I tried this and also going to setting and then to the blog. I see the list but none of them are mine. I clicked into one of them and was sent to the thread I replied in but not to my reply like the Old QB did. There were 11 pages to search through. My topics are not there. Where do I find them?
Thanks for the help on this headache!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I tried this and also going to setting and then to the blog. I see the list but none of them are mine. I clicked into one of them and was sent to the thread I replied in but not to my reply like the Old QB did. There were 11 pages to search through. My topics are not there. Where do I find them?
Thanks for the help on this headache!
I don't quite understand. This is what I see, but they aren't yours?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/u...ing-18902.html

Last edited by Sadiemae; 11-14-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I hope I don't cause more confusion. When you said My Topics aren't here--do you mean the bookmarks or thread that you started. You probably already know, but
Bookmarks should be found by going to:
Settings
My Subscriptions on the left side then click on Bookmarks under My Subscriptions.

Topics/Thread that you started should be found by going to My Profile/Latest Threads Started.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by justsojanie View Post
First - I know this was a huge undertaking and appreciate all the hard work that was put into doing this new QB.

Q's:
Within a heading, Is there any way to sort by posted date instead of date of last entry/comment?

Will there ever be a time when folders change color after read?

Will there ever be a 'button' for bookmarking, as in old QB?

Appreciate any input or guidance, as I know I must be missing something or doing something wrong.

Thanks.
justsojanie
Re: button for bookmarking... I don't see that in the future, but will forward your wish just the same
To answer the date posted and already read questions:
I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:58 PM

Default Comments on new format

The old format allowed me to read a message and immediately return to the main page, where the color would have changed, indicating it was something I had already read. Very handy when you repeatedly have to come back.

Also, as I write this, the message box is so wide I cannot read what I've written without moving the blue bar at the bottom back and forth, even when I drag the screen all the way open.

It would be very helpful if we could have terms defined: What's the difference between a blog, a post, a tag,and a thread? What is a "sticky"?

And why, on the opening page, can everything be opened except the headings which indicate we might be a little dissatisfied?

The Post Icons (below) are difficult to see because there isn't enough contrast in the face and the outline.

What is "style", and what is the difference between "default" and "mobile"?
Old 11-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks for asking these questions. I thought I was just late to the party.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:11 AM

I am scratching my head really hard and am thinking of taking up smoking while I eat sugar and carbs - this is SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I STILL can't find the answers to all my questions that I had asked in ALOT of PLACES - There are NON of my bookmarks in "my BLOG", I really, really miss the old QB and just don't understand WHY we have to drive us to drink so we could figure this out! Sorry - I am NOT one that wants to play games and read all the postings about that - I jusdt want to see all my bookmarks - PLEASE HELP ME - Someone - ANYone! Thank you ever so much! uhh where is my signature?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:19 AM

Many thanks for the guidance/help. I'm trying really hard to accept this new site, but seems we lost some elemental 'good' things. I'll continue to learn, contribute, and enjoy other's work but this new site has taken a lot of fun out of it.... Sorry if I sound negative this morning, just frustrated.

It is ESPECIALLY annoying that items appear in order of latest reply date. It forces me to follow a thread instead of checking out the most current!!!! Oh my, ranting again. Sorry.