Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat!  (Enjoy!) >

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Embroidery Machines Project Ideas What do you make? Let's Chit Chat! (Enjoy!)

Old 02-16-2012, 01:14 PM

My grandkids always have a secret santa shop where parents donate gifts, and the kids can shop on their own for mom and dad, etc. They always need gifts for the men & I have donated embroidered towels and aprons with a grill theme on them. Also bookmarks and picture frames with "best dad" themes. I made batman capes with the batman logo for one of my grandson's birthday parties. People have often asked me to monogram gifts also. One of these days, I'd like to make a quilt with embroidered blocks, either a baby or Christmas quilt.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:05 PM

I use the ann the gran express box.it really does the job. keeps designs organized and it resizes and converts. I had to join ann the gran club to get this. it wasn't that much-25dollars and they took it off the price of the box which was 150 dollars. i paid 125 for the box. i did not renew my club membership although they have some real good sales on stabilizers and other items. this express box is even cheaper now.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
When I have a question about stabilizer then I check for the projects on emblibrary.com and see what they use. Plus they have a section on stabilizers and you can also find info on Viking's website.
how do you get the ones from the Viking site? I've been on it and can't get find them...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by dressmakergurl View Post
Pats8e* I would love to see some of your embroidered jeans. I have wanted to do some, but unsure
about where the designs meet up, if you sew all around.
Hi,

I don't do my embroidery around the leg, just up the side. Only one leg usually too. I open up the inside seam of the pant leg, then hoop it and sew. I move the hoop to make a longer design. I really have fun with them. I have an autumn pair with leaves and acorns on, and a winter pair with chickadees on pine boughs. I like to make tops to match when I can coordinate the designs too. But my real favorite is doing free standing lace. It just is so nice! It's been awhile since I have looked at this thread, how are you doing with your embroidery now?
Old 03-24-2012, 01:34 AM

I make embroidered towels and some quilt blocks. Right now I am embroidering blocks for a baby quilt....our first grandchild is due in July. I've also embroidered welding hats, names on shirts and other decorations on shirts.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
I am trying to figure out some cool ideas to make for potholders. I have been surfing and finally found this video to watch with lots of ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I05TS...eature=related
I've downloaded a few potholders in the hoop from emblibrary.com. They also have some under their projects to do.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by grammydar View Post
how do you get the ones from the Viking site? I've been on it and can't get find them...
Did you sign up? I'm including the link to where the designs are and on the same page under education you can find other info including stablizers. Good luck and if you need anything else PM me. I don't get notified like I used to when someone responds to something that I had posted. Probably in my settings.
http://www.myembroideries.com/MyEmbr...s/Default.aspx
Old 04-18-2012, 06:41 AM

how did you do that?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by mardilee View Post
That is just too funny! I might try embroidering some for my DH! My hubby gets a kick out of the fact that the embroidery machine stitches automatically and I can go get a cup of tea while it's working. He asks,"What does it need you for?" Tee hee.
Very cute!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:55 PM

I'm just getting started. I have a Brother PE 770. I bought that set of Irish Wildflowers from emblibrary and I've made four out of the eight so far on a black background. They are so pretty! I'm getting a few wrinkles and I've really been getting the background pulled tight. I tried using double tear-away on one, but it didn't seem to help much. Someone suggested using a cut-away stabilizer, which I don't presently have. Do some of you that have done more of this think this would help? The wrinkles are between the petals. I plan to make a wall hanging out of them and thought stippling around them might solve the problem. Here are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	First of Irish flowers.jpg
Views:	961
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	329374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mountain Avens.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	953.2 KB
ID:	329375   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bloody Crain's Bill.jpg
Views:	923
Size:	1.10 MB