Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies >

Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies

Getting acquainted and sharing photos of fur babies

Old 08-03-2013, 05:00 PM

Baxter sleeps under my right armpit and then he moves under the covers to my feet.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 PM

Our Charlie is adopted from my DD. She lives in KC and housing made it impossible for her to keep him and his sister, Goldie. We live in the country, so we got a desperate call........"Mom can Charlie and Goldie come live with you? If not, they will be separated and we won't know who has them!" Of course, Mom said yes. We lost Goldie due to complications a few months after a rattlesnake bite! Now, we can't imagine our lives without sweet Charlie![ATTACH=CONFIG]428155[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0218.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	428155  
Old 08-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

I can't post pictures as of yet, I have a Russian blue Zoey a kitty 3 yrs old. shes a princess and spoiled. she wears a real pearl necklace, a scrunchie of the month, a collar with a heart that says purrfect, her 3 bells and her id. she has another necklace with a heart. don't dare try to take them off her either. she's our little girl
Old 08-04-2013, 04:12 AM

Miss Bess is my avatar, my friend. She has been a great comfort to me since my husband died five months ago. She is 10-1/2 now and is slowing down, just a teeny bit. She was spoiled by my husband who, of course, blamed that on to me. I know I will never be without a dog and maybe a cat, maybe. Bess is a Pointer/Lab (German Short Hair and Black Lab). She has the head of a lab (big) and body of a pointer. She sleeps on her back. She is getting grey/white around the gills now and it gives her the "dog of wisdom" look. I love her dearly and she took me under her "wing" when my husband died. She is my almost constant companion and I would be totally lost without the little (84 lb) bugger!!!!

Gotta love 'em! Edie
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 AM

Welcome! The fuzzy ones add so much to our lives. Mine ( avatar) is my constant companion.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:31 AM

Love your babies, your lab looks like my Bridget. I know what you mean about ruling your lives, my hubby and I have also found it much easier to vacation on our own and leave someone at home to mind the critters, I have 5 dogs. 4 cats, 3 standard horses, 3 mini horses and 2 mini donkeys! Talk about running your lives!!! I love the picture of the sleeping together, isn't nice that they love each other!
Old 08-04-2013, 04:37 AM

We have a weiner dog. She is so spoiled and has never been left with anyone but our daughter so she thinks she has two homes. One night she wanted to go home with our daughter so she put her in her car, drove around our half circle drive and out into the street and back again and brought her back to the house and the dog was happy! If we leave the house for any length of time she has to have a chewy when we come back.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:41 AM

welcome from se TX
Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 AM

Cute fur-babies! Welcome to the Board and thanks for sharing your photos. Mine is a chow-colored Australian Shepherd - she's really a giant fur-ball. She lets all of the little kids pull her ears and pet her like a teddy bear. She's a sweetheart.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Foxy Sitting.JPG
Views:	564
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	428198  
Old 08-04-2013, 07:27 AM

Welcome from Texas! You will love this board. I love, love, love my fur babies. I have six cats and a chihuahua and stray cats outside that I feed. All of my cats are strays that adopted me. One of the strays was pregnant when she adopted me and she had four out of five kittens that lived. I rescued my chihuahua from the animal shelter and the outside stray cats are all "fixed" (thank heavens for low-cost spay and neuter clinics) except my neighbor's cat and if I could, I would have him fixed. I know what you mean about the pets ruling the roost because ours does, but I love them all and I think life would not be complete without a pet to love.