Yahoo Email?????

Old 12-06-2013, 07:29 PM

HATE the new Yahoo also. There is a way to opt out of the lumped together emails. I have it written down. If anybody wants the info, please private message me and I will send it to you. They even erased all of the emails that I had in a "pending" folder - gone.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:20 AM

For a few weeks my Yahoo email kept telling me I had to upgrade my browser and provided a link...but my browser is as upgraded as it can be, and I don't need their link to know that. I kept ignoring it but it was annoying. Now that message is gone.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:17 AM

I plan to retire next year and one of the top things on my 'to-do' list is to move everything important that I have on yahoo mail to another provider and get rid of yahoo mail. I've been using it for 15 years and have always praised it to others - especially when they switch service providers and have to change their email addresses. But, no more, they have just "improved" it to death.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 AM

I find the new Yahoo mail annoying and as unproductive as well. My complaints are the same as already expressed in previous posts...boo hiss yahoo.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz View Post
Does anyone else HATE the "new improved" Yahoo? Messages are lost or replies from emails sent to multiple people are lumped together as one "conversation" when replied to. I don't want a conversation; I want individual emails with individual responses. Shortly after they changed I read pages and pages of complaints about the new service but it seems nothing will be done. It also looks like messages in Trash are deleted automatically after a day or two. There have been times I've wanted to refer back to something and it's been gone. Any opinions?
if you go to the top right corner and click on the wheel ,then click settings, view email, uncheck enable conversations and that should take care of it
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 AM

I hate the new yahoo look......I belong to two groups (GO) and am really tempted to just drop out of them......it was fine before....sometimes these new improved versions are totally unnecessary....but they make someone look very important!
Old 12-08-2013, 08:33 AM

I thought it was just me being such a computer "illiterate one" that I was having so much trouble with my computer and email service. I had some of mine lumped together yesterday, and sat there for 10 minutes trying to figure out how that could happen. And the combination of this keyboard, I am really at a loss. My SIL can usually walk me through some of these "things" and he has said to me a time or two that Yahoo has been doing a lot of changes lately. I HATE IT, and combined with this undisciplined keyboard, I am ready to go back to the days of hard copy typing on an IBM Selectric....JMHO
Old 12-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom View Post
I plan to retire next year and one of the top things on my 'to-do' list is to move everything important that I have on yahoo mail to another provider and get rid of yahoo mail. I've been using it for 15 years and have always praised it to others - especially when they switch service providers and have to change their email addresses. But, no more, they have just "improved" it to death.
Here's the problem. Unlike most email providers, Yahoo! announced recently that they are recycling email addresses. I'm not sure how long they are waiting to recycle, but there have already been complaints. Apparently the new person can get emails meant for the old email address with the result that strangers may be gaining access to personal information. Sorry, I don't have a website for this information, but the problem has been discussed on some of the group manager forums.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:44 AM

I deleted my yahoo email account months ago and switched to gmail. Too many problems with them too often and my account was hacked twice. I have no problems with gmail.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:58 AM

I have been so unhappy with the new Yahoo that I switched to Outlook. Now, I'm happy again. ;-)