Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nominate this season's worse tv commercial >

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Nominate this season's worse tv commercial

Old 12-11-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
to me, this one is so rude, crude, and socially unacceptable
This one is disgusting to me, too. I understand there was some controversy over it when it first came out. At least the men one are clothed. Not like the ones with women almost naked. Is anybody else tired of seeing so much "cleavage"? It's beyond cleavage now though. They wonder why there are so many sex crimes.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM

I dislike the commercial where the teen aged girl "switches" up boyfriends and says "Two can play this game regarding her mother. Very very terrible message to send to our teens.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM

I absolutely detest any commercial (or TV show or movie) that makes men out to be "idiots". I find them offensive. You've all seen these...the men can't do anything right or are made to appear stupid. The men I know are not idiots, nor are they stupid.

Anita

P.S. I have Netflix as my primary TV station (internet TV) and there are absolutely NO commercials of any kind - just uncut movies and tv shows. Hulu does have commercials, though.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I dislike the commercial where the teen aged girl "switches" up boyfriends and says "Two can play this game regarding her mother. Very very terrible message to send to our teens.
I agree about that commercial.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

WHO is buying all of these cars as Christmas presents?
DH and I bought our two kids new cars for Christmas before. They needed a car when they started college so their Senior year they each got a car. To us it was like killing two birds with one stone. Great Christmas gifts for something they were getting anyway. I read an article not long ago that said ads are geared to 18 -35 year olds, no other age group mattered, the younger had no money and the mature audience didn't buy that much 'newer' items. ?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:45 AM

I can not stomach much more of the Little Caesars Pizza ads. It is about the dumbest one I've seen in years.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:32 AM

ANY Craftsman ad - they are all still pro-USA, yet their products are NOT US made. Read the packages, they are made in China same as most tools.

Home Depot/Lowes/Menards - the big box home improvement stores. Seriously, so many wind up running ads that imply women can't do a darn thing to fix their homes. Hate, hate, hate! I will ONLY shop at my locally owned Ace stores, there is one about a half mile from me. There's a young lady (early/mid 20s by my guess) who works at least on Sundays, I always see her there. She knows more on home improvement and repair than most men her age. Her father works there also, and you can see she learned well from him. It's hilarious to watch the young guys walk in and refuse to be helped by Amanda since girls know nothing, yet the experienced guys will ask for her!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
49 years ago my FIL bought me a 65 Mustang for Christmas. He didn't want his 1 yo granddaughter riding around in my old beater!
Daddy also bought a 65 restored Mustang for oldest daughter when she was 16 and a 68 Mustang for youngest daughter when she was 16--both for Christmas. Oldest still has hers, though it need a major restoration. If I ever win the lottery, 1st thing to be spent will be restoration of it. She drives a 2005 Mustang during the summer--just doesn't compare to the 65 though.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:20 AM

this commercial is cute i think.. the one with the cows . the california milk commercials .. i laugh at them and the food lion lion i love that one too..
Old 12-12-2013, 01:10 PM

How did that boxer one ever get on the air??!!