Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-24-2016, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
LOL I NEED 3 assistants to get it all finished in the first place.

I have about 45+ bins to still get folded onto the boards. That
doesn't count all the small and larger sizes of bins.
I have found that the folding onto the boards goes pretty fast. I sit at a big table where I can spread out the fabric, measure it, write measurements on the card, fold it, then roll it on the card, while watching TV. I usually regret putting it off once I get started because it does go fast and it gets done. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2016, 07:41 AM

I went through the closet (but not the shelves) because I knew a lot in there should be tossed. For some reason, I have trouble throwing out old pillows. I'll keep the two nicest for the daybed, and the rest go. Also had two very old, now musty smelling sleepingbags - they can go. And a used comforter I bought about 10 years ago for $10, and never used, and now that I'm making quilts - it never will be used. I also found a large box of home decorating supplies I had thought I gave away years ago - so that will go out too.

Now if DH wants to get to the flannel on the shelf, he can find it! The piled up stuff is gone.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:59 AM

Hi Folks,
Long time no see. Today is the 5th anniversary of my son's suicide. It's amazing how your body will heal your mind given the chance. Number one, we moved to Hilton Head 2-1/2 years ago which meant I did not have to look at what he decorated in our house in every nook and cranny. Number two, with the move I am more busy than I've ever been. I am remodeling my entire house by myself, me and You Tube have gotten tight, I even do plumbing. My husband had a bad muscular attack about a year ago from taking Lipitor and he can barely walk so I am on my own. My oldest son is nearby if things are too tough for me.

Well, anyway to get on with life, I visited a neighbor yesterday and found her quilting, only the second time we met and we started gabbing like a pair of teenagers over the quilting. Now I'm motivated again. Problem for me is I got rid of so much before we moved that I have a little 10" stack of fabric, first things first, got to get my tools and I have an entire room that's mine alone. That's what I am organizing today. First I have to decide how to arrange it. I plan on putting a bed in there too for the company we are sure to have. So off I go the sky is the limit, almost!! Elaine
Old 01-24-2016, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Courtesy suggestion; Get the large jug with the lid out of the way so it doesn't break. Find a place for it like the kitchen counter or in a cabinet. then take the larger pieces (black, beige dotted and brown piece) fold neatly so they can stack on top of each other and any other pieces similar. Maybe invest in xx large Ziploc bags, squeeze air out and stack. That would make a large dent. Bigger pieces are usually easier to relocate.
Originally Posted by equigle5 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]540289[/ATTACH]Left side is before, right side is after. Not much difference yet, but 15-30 minutes a day is putting a dent in the explosion. Ok the top is before, bottom is after. Forgot that the pictures would be posted vertically
Old 01-25-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by ladyelaine View Post
Hi Folks,
Long time no see. Today is the 5th anniversary of my son's suicide. It's amazing how your body will heal your mind given the chance. Number one, we moved to Hilton Head 2-1/2 years ago which meant I did not have to look at what he decorated in our house in every nook and cranny. Number two, with the move I am more busy than I've ever been. I am remodeling my entire house by myself, me and You Tube have gotten tight, I even do plumbing. My husband had a bad muscular attack about a year ago from taking Lipitor and he can barely walk so I am on my own. My oldest son is nearby if things are too tough for me.

Well, anyway to get on with life, I visited a neighbor yesterday and found her quilting, only the second time we met and we started gabbing like a pair of teenagers over the quilting. Now I'm motivated again. Problem for me is I got rid of so much before we moved that I have a little 10" stack of fabric, first things first, got to get my tools and I have an entire room that's mine alone. That's what I am organizing today. First I have to decide how to arrange it. I plan on putting a bed in there too for the company we are sure to have. So off I go the sky is the limit, almost!! Elaine
Dear Elaine, I'm so sorry about your son's death. It's more tragic that any parent can imagine, I'm sure, unless they've experienced it. My heart and prayers go out to you as you get through the five year mark.

You get all my respect for remodeling on your own. Whoa! Superhero skills hard at work. Glad you've gotten cozy with YouTube. LOL. You're going to really enjoy making that sewing/guest room your sanctuary. I have a queen bed in mine and everything does dual duty.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:18 AM

Wow, you are all making such great progress, especially Cathy and Louise. My strides of progress are smaller but I will get there, especially with your inspiration.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:21 PM

I've cut up and organized a a huge pile of scraps that I had ironed just before Christmas. I am glad that it's done. And I feel good about clearing them away. I have many more scraps to deal with that need to be ironed before cutting and sorting. So my goal is to iron for 15 minutes and then cut and sort. This will probably last each day for the rest of my life! Staggering!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:24 PM

Ladyelaine, so sorry for your loss. Words just don't do justice to some of the tragedies that we experience. What good therapy you have turned to. Good for you. You go girl. Let's hear the progress.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:09 PM

ladyelaine, my sincere condolences to your family. I cannot imagine. You have a super attitude and I wish you happy times in your new "girl cave".
Old 01-26-2016, 07:29 AM

I cleaned off the breakfast bar, not that it will stay organized. It is a catch all.