Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Cresendo >

Baby Lock Cresendo

Baby Lock Cresendo

Old 11-21-2016, 12:36 PM

Default Baby Lock Cresendo

I am thinking about purchasing this machine, does anyone have it and can give me any advice as to how you like it and it's features...also the price, I can't find that online anywhere...I love the one they use on Fons and Porters show...looks like something I would love to have....thanks for any information you can give me...
Wanting to get some pointers before I ask for it for Christmas...
Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 PM

There are others posts about it I'm sure...
They are AMAZING machines...I love the laser light, bobbin thread indicator, foot that goes up automatically for applique...not thread bunching on back, needle threaded is flawless...you will love it...
Old 11-21-2016, 10:00 PM

I have the brother version of the combo and I love everything about my machine. Love all the features I have sewn everything fleece, vinyl, tulles, jersey knit, flannel, bags, pageant dresses, quite a few quilts. It never skips a beat
Old 11-23-2016, 04:19 AM

Go to your local Babylock dealer and test drive the Crescendo. That way you will know all of the ins and outs and ups and downs of the machine.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:25 AM

I have had a crescendo for several years and I love it. I haven't done much free motion quilting on it but that's what I had bought it. I think it's does more even stitches, that are consistent and at least for me I don't have a lot of vibration. I use the laser sometimes but it takes getting used to.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Love my Crescendo. Great throat space and table, great light, awesome needle threader, excellent stitch quality, lots of stitch choices, needle up/down, motor speed control, easy to clean.......I do like the laser beam to a point but don't use it as much as I expected. Also have not yet used the digitizer (no need for it so far). The Muvit foot is very clunky so I ended up getting an open-toe foot for it which makes a big difference.

I believe I paid in the neighborhood of $3,2oo for it a few years ago which was a special deal (and the max price I had set for myself).

Forgot to say that she does a great job with FMQ as well as piecing. One difference with other machines that took me a while to figure out: You don't set the stitch length to zero when the feed dogs are dropped. I set my stitch length to the normal quilting length and the stitches come out just fine.

Last edited by MadQuilter; 11-23-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:57 PM

I have the Baby Lock Unity which is like the Crescendo, but also has the embroidery unit. Absolutely love mine for all the reasons mentioned above. LOVE my BL!!!
Old 02-07-2017, 12:03 AM

The crescendo stitch quality is great, never had any bad stitches with anything I have sewn including FMQ. The machine is quiet not like some that sounds like thrashing machine. The lighting is great and easy to adjust. I haven't used the sensor pen yet. The dual feed foot looks like it would be hard to use but I found its very easy to operate just getting use to it because it is so big. I have only had one issue with it, I had trouble at times when I have multiple layers I heard loud clicking sounded like the metal where the needle bar goes up and down in the housing was hitting something and I have had to take bad to dealer once but it is now doing it again so off to the dealer which this is aggravating other than this I love my crescendo
Old 03-09-2021, 01:36 PM

I love my Babylock Cresendo
I have just noticed a sound like a tiny bird chirp near the motor end of the machine?
not sure if I want to send my machine in to get serviced as it will take it away for 3 weeks.
Has anyone had that problem?