Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you buy a Grace stitch regulator? >

Would you buy a Grace stitch regulator?

Would you buy a Grace stitch regulator?

Old 01-24-2017, 05:15 PM

Default Would you buy a Grace stitch regulator?

I have the Grace frame set-up with the Viking sewing machine. I've been thinking about buying a stitch regulator for it but it's about $600. It's returnable if I don't like it but they charge a 20% restocking fee. 😱I think that's a bit much. Does anyone have one and is it worth it?
Old 01-24-2017, 08:17 PM

It probably depends on how proficient you are without it. I had the Pfaff version of your setup with the SR and I don't know how I would have coordinated everything if I had added having to regulate speed/stitch length myself. That was the price of the unit when we bought ours 7 or 8 years ago, so I think you are getting a good price if that makes any difference.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:06 AM

I have the Grace Sure Stitch regulator on my Brother PQ1500 on a Grace frame. I actually love mine, like anything else there is a learning curve. It was very simple to install and it certainly does help. I just could not get myself coordinated enough to produce even, controlled stitches. I would get a huge case of nerves and was ripping out so many stitches I was about to give up. The Sure Stitch gave me confidence and my machine quilting has improved 100%. It was a big investment for me, I paid $499 for mine from AllBrands, several years ago, but it truly has helped. I am still learning and getting more comfortable every time I use it. You tube has a great little learning video produced by Grace Co that shows exactly how their stitch regulator works. For me, it was worth the investment. Good luck
Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 AM

When my Viking was working, I loved the stitch regulator!!!