Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is There A Equal Substitute For Bleach? >

Is There A Equal Substitute For Bleach?

Is There A Equal Substitute For Bleach?

Old 12-17-2017, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
It is hazardous if you drink it, but that is not what I used it for. I also only used a tiny bit in dish water and clothes. Bleach is what they use for killing many diseases that are easily spread.

Thanks Sandra.
Yes..we use bleach and dawn exclusively at the animal shelter to prevent spread of diseases. Not much bleach per sinkload. It is a recommended procedure for shelters.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:49 AM

how about using Dawn with anti bacterial in it. It would do the same thing as the Dawn.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Just a small side note...we had a septic tank issue last year and had to have it pumped out. Found out that the baby wipes and personal bathroom wipes (you know what I mean) do not break down as toilet tissue does. Never ever flush those wipes if you have a septic tank because they last for years and years!!
This is true, that includes the ones that say they are flushable. We keep the trash can for that.
I only use bleach for the whites and like last week we had a plumbing issue and the toilet backed up in the tub, yes, bleach was used to sanitize it and it helps clean the drain. We are lucky and don't have septic tanks but even city lines can get backed up by using the wrong stuff.
My favorite thing to use for cleaning, making clothes soft is vinegar. I'd think it would be better in your dishwater as well.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

The comment on soap and body wash- I agree with you. I buy handmade soap that I know is real soap! And body wash is full of chemicals. We are being overrun in our society by chemicals. Just read the label, try to pronounce the various ingredients (impossible) and look them up.

I'm not surprised that so many people today have immune disorders.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

cashs-mom- I have a ton of essential oils so making my own Thieves is not a problem but it's nice to have it all made up for you as well. Either way is good!
I like to make things like that in my kitchen, also body creams, etc (my husband is the food cook lol)