Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rolling tote? >

Rolling tote?

Rolling tote?

Old 03-08-2018, 07:37 AM

Be careful how big. Easy to load heavier than you can pick up. Love my tuto. Seldom had my machine in it, but makes a great tote for laptop and all the other office supplies when I was vending at quilt shows. It is also my favorite for vacations. Whichever you choose enjoy.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:49 AM

I bought the Luova rolling tote from Amazon. I love it! It's been all over with me for workshops, classes, bus trips, etc. I have the Pfaff Passport 3.0 machine for classes and it fits perfectly with enough room for all my supplies as well. It's easy to maneuver and still looks new after two years.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by bungalow59 View Post
I bought the Luova rolling tote from Amazon. I love it! It's been all over with me for workshops, classes, bus trips, etc. I have the Pfaff Passport 3.0 machine for classes and it fits perfectly with enough room for all my supplies as well. It's easy to maneuver and still looks new after two years.
I'll have to check out the Luova. No one but you has mentioned it!! Thanks
Old 03-08-2018, 10:50 AM

I have the large Hemline and I love it. I do have a large machine and I use the trolley to bring it in for service or when I must take my large machine for a class. Mostly though, I use it for my small class machine for retreats. Between the large machine tote and the smaller tote that sits on top of it I am able to bring everything I need for a 3-4 day retreat without bringing another bag. My Hemline also has a case for a large mat that zips onto the back of the trolling, and that is really helpful for my mat, Steady Betty and my rulers. It does get a bit heavy to lift into the car, but it's worth it not to have to bring a million bags.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:32 PM

For going to classes, an 11 lb Brother fits into an office rolling file box (~$25 at Office Depot). It is packed with Gypsy cushion, fan, iron, basic tools, pin cushion, cotton towels for iron pad, extension cold, surge protector power strip, tools for the machine, extension table, light, small cutting mat/template/blade, machine manual, ~2" on top for project. It's the max I can lift into the car and maintain body dynamics. Because the lid is flat, I can stack more project stuff on top and wheel the whole thing. It stays packed so I don't forget something, such as the cords to my machine. There might be something specific to the project that needs to be added. It doesn't tip over when speeding around corners. It's easily replaced.

Last edited by petthefabric; 03-08-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:40 AM

I have used one of those fold-up carts for transporting my machine. However, recently, I found a carry-on type bag with wheels that had a zipper opening compartment on the outside that is perfect for rotary cutters and other tools at Goodwill for $3.59. I have also used tool boxes with wheels from WalMart. I do find the fold-up carts are good for transporting almost anything else.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:10 AM

I would be cautious about packing too much inside a bag with my sewing machine. Love tote from Harbor Freight. https://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-...bag-61925.html I have two of them. Also, Harbor Freight has lots of stuff that can be used for sewing/quilting. Just search on this site.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:29 AM

Just bought a bluefig trolley. I bought the 23" trolley because I have a Janome 9400. Saleslady assured me it would fit. It has extra pockets and is very easy to handle. Look for sales -- got a great deal on mine.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:35 AM

I have a Tutto for my Bernina. It was expensive and I wish that it had fewer organizing pockets. They are not convenient for me. I have a small rolling London Fog suitcase for my featherweight. It has foam inserts in the side pockets for protection. It is perfect and it has a strong handle. Over the years, I have owned many cases from JoAnn’s. They worked for a while and then the handles broke. If you buy one, check the handle. Hopefully they have improved.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:05 AM

Love my bluefig, Has inside pockets,outside pockets. Large enough for cutting mats and what else I have to take to class. I also felt it was a very good buy. I believe I purchased it on Amazon.
Good luck in you search.