Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 03-12-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
Exactly!! I could not imagine getting up in front of a group of people and being weighed!! Admire those who can, but I just couldn't!
I don't think you have to weigh in front of everybody else, from what I've read.

Down 24.8 pounds as of today! Too bad I didn't lose that extra .2 pounds to make it an even 25. LOL! Hopefully next Monday! I mysteriously gained a little over a pound a couple of weeks ago, for no apparent reason. I'd stuck to the plan to the letter. Boy, was I upset! I even bought a new scale, thinking my old one was messing up. That pound was gone the following week, but I'd sure like to know what happened. Fluid retention or something, maybe.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by PS Stitcher View Post
I am doing WW. I have just been doing it for about a week and a half. I have lost 3.5 lbs. so far. Keep going!!
That's great!
Old 03-13-2018, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
My husband and I are doing what I call our own version of WW. We started 6 weeks ago and lost a total of 29 lbs combined (15 for him, 14 for me).
We cut out fast food and dining out, chips, desserts. I cook low fat meals. We watch how many carbs we eat a day as well as limit our calorie intake to around 1300. Still a lot of food considering most of it is fresh fruits and veggies. Portion control is key to a good weight loss plan.
Chasing Hawk- that's a great "diet". Congratulations to you both. Both my husband and I need to lose and your plan is a good one. Thanks for posting what I already knew but somehow forgot!
Old 03-13-2018, 12:57 PM

Thanks everyone! I was wondering if many quilters have tried and succeeded. So awesome!
Old 03-13-2018, 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=Anniedeb;8020437]
Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I'm a very private person in real life, so the thought of going to meetings is terrifying!

Exactly!! I could not imagine getting up in front of a group of people and being weighed!! Admire those who can, but I just couldn't!
THE WEIGH INS ARE PRIVATE
Old 03-14-2018, 09:47 AM

I joined in Nov. The leader thinks I am doing great, but I think I am munching too much. Hubster has cookie around & I just can't help but snitch a few. MUST Stop this nasty habit. I will gain some one week & loose it the next week, I guess we all do. I do love it a lot.
Cathy A tumrub
P.S Don't give up on ourselves. keep going
Old 03-14-2018, 05:48 PM

I'm so excited. I joined the online WW this past Saturday and I have lost two pounds. Not much, but at least it's something. Now all I find I can think about is food, lol! I thought I was already eating healthy, but now I see not healthy enough.

"I think I can... I think I can... I think I can!"
Old 03-14-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by tumrub View Post
I joined in Nov. The leader thinks I am doing great, but I think I am munching too much. Hubster has cookie around & I just can't help but snitch a few. MUST Stop this nasty habit. I will gain some one week & loose it the next week, I guess we all do. I do love it a lot.
Cathy A tumrub
P.S Don't give up on ourselves. keep going
My hubby can sit there and eat a whole pizza, a piece of cake, and ten cookies, and not gain an ounce. Makes me want to smack him! LOL!

I've been eating sugar-free Jello when I want something sweet. It's not chocolate (ha), but it's still a little treat. When I have to have chocolate, a Mayfield Fudge Bar (fudgesicle) or a Costco/Kirkland granola bar does the trick, and they're only 4 points each.

Last edited by moonrise; 03-14-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I'm so excited. I joined the online WW this past Saturday and I have lost two pounds. Not much, but at least it's something. Now all I find I can think about is food, lol! I thought I was already eating healthy, but now I see not healthy enough.

"I think I can... I think I can... I think I can!"
I know you can! <3

I thought about nothing but food for the first few weeks, too. Once you get a good feel for it and get a routine going, that goes away.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:05 PM

I am so happy to hear all the success stories. I have thought about joining in the past and perhaps will in June. I know June is a long ways off, but I am following a special FODMAP diet as prescribed by a dietitian and do not want to worry about mixing the two.