Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Beginning hand piecing project? >

Beginning hand piecing project?

Beginning hand piecing project?

Old 04-17-2018, 05:26 AM

Also, there is this kind of cutter:
https://www.amazon.com/Clover-Thread.../dp/B001DEJM8I
Joann used to sell in stores, but now says they dont....
Old 04-19-2018, 08:43 AM

An Update,

I stopped by one of my local fabric shops and purchased 100 2 inch hexie papers. It was all they had in stock. I had a couple hours on Tuesday and was able to attach the paper to 36 of them. I found a F8 bundle of 9 different fabrics that I will use.

I must have won the F8 as a guild door prize, as I do not remember buying them. I was able to get 6 Hexies out of each one. I still have 3 to cut up.

I think I have decided to make flowers out of them as I am getting 6 from each cut of fabric. I just need to decide on the centre piece.

When I come home I will put them together into a larger project. I will try to find more 2 inch hexies locally.

I know the 2 inch size is quite large, but as a beginner project they will give me faster gratification.

I appreciate all the suggestions.

I am not flying through any US airports this trip. It will be flights in Canada, France and perhaps the UK. If my sewing needles are apprehended, I will not sew on the flight, but can still sew on the trains.

I once saw a woman knitting with two pencils with rubber bands wrapped around the eraser ends to create a 'stop'. I can crochet close to my body, but when I knit, I am all elbows out to the side.

I understand the 'rules', it is not that the person carrying the scissors or needles will hurt someone, it is that they could be taken from you by a bad person. The 9/11 attacks they believed the box knives were not carried onto the flights by the bad people. It is important for air travel be safe for those on the planes, and those on the ground. It is frustrating when the 'rules' do not appear to be consistently applied.