Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Input on Grace U'nique 14+r >

Input on Grace U'nique 14+r

Input on Grace U'nique 14+r

Old 03-29-2018, 09:10 AM

Well, "Monique" arrived on Monday, but need to wait until my son visits this weekend to get her set up. Can't wait! I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:53 PM

So glad you're excited and ready to forge on with the new machine. It looks like a great machine! Enjoy!
Old 04-28-2018, 08:21 AM

I ordered mine several weeks ago. I've called to check and they tell me that they are swamped with orders, it will take 6-8 weeks to get it. I think it will be just right since I only plan to quilt for myself. I never see a used Q'nique for sale so see bad reviews, that's why I decided to go for it. I found a "tattoo" at https://www.urbanelementz.com/tattoo-elementz.html, I can't wait to customize my new baby. [ATTACH=CONFIG]593722[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tattoo-Collage-General.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	593722  
Old 04-28-2018, 08:30 AM

I've been following updates on this machine also. I have the Grace SR2 frame and have used my Juki 98 on it a bit but realized that I didn't have much room for quilting as this has an 8 1/2 inch harp space. When I talked to one dealer about getting the Q'nique, they only had it priced with the frame. They were supposed to call me with a price for just the quilter but haven't gotten back with me yet. If any of you are wanting to order one, do it soon because the prices that the Grace Company has listed is a higher price. Looks like it has been a good seller and there is a wait time and the new prices are a good bit higher. I have read some reviews where new owners have had trouble adjusting the tension but once it is in sync, it sounds like it works well. Will let you all know if I decide to buy one. Not many machines available in that midsize, mid price range.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:56 PM

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and still waiting. They told me middle of next week for shipping. Call and ask them about Demo machines. When I called the first of April they didn't have any and said after the quilt shows. $2700 for a Demo. I didn't want to wait so I called Ken's and got a great deal on a new one, but here I am, still waiting...
Old 04-29-2018, 07:30 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by IwantItgreen View Post
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and still waiting. They told me middle of next week for shipping. Call and ask them about Demo machines. When I called the first of April they didn't have any and said after the quilt shows. $2700 for a Demo. I didn't want to wait so I called Ken's and got a great deal on a new one, but here I am, still waiting...
I ordered mine on 04/04/18 thinking it was only going to take a couple of weeks. When I call they keep pushing it back another week. Now I see several places say they are on backorder and take 6-8 weeks to ship. Anticipation is part of the fun right?