Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt pattern design service with EQ >

Quilt pattern design service with EQ

Quilt pattern design service with EQ

Old 08-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Yay Profannie! Don't you love the help you can get even if it isn't quite the help you were looking for?
Old 08-28-2019, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I felt the same way about never figuring EQ7 out when I first got it. In order to create or replicate a block you have to be able to see the segments of the block. Understanding that concept and being able to see the blocks in a quilt I want to make is learned much more quickly than you would think. When I can't figure it out, I bring up the picture of the quilt into Paint and mark off the blocks. Usually with a grid. Lots of times I am surprised at what the actual block is. The secondary patterns created by the blocks being sewn together creates confusion in finding the actual block(s) and is simplified with using the Paint method. I'm glad others stepped up with this pattern. I didn't even think about drawing it in quarters. That simplified the block tremendously. I would still think about paper piecing it. Matching all those points could get interesting.

Indeed, this is a very enlightening experience. Thanks for your help (and for sending me the designs, they are beautiful and very inspiring). Since I'm a bit of a sloppy piecer I am absolutely considering PP it :-)
Old 08-28-2019, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
Yay Profannie! Don't you love the help you can get even if it isn't quite the help you were looking for?
I would never be the quilter I've grown to be without this board. You never leave from here empty handed! And sometimes getting not exactly the help you wanted is the best thing that can happen :-)
Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

In this case, I think the seam lines enhance the pattern.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

On your model, distance B is slightly longer than distance A, which gives the design a slightly squared look.

Play with it a little bit - if you elongate the B lines, the design will look more square, if you shorten the B lines a bit, the design will look more circular.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	star3.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	589.1 KB
ID:	616766