Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone doing Weight Watchers? >

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Anyone doing Weight Watchers?

Old 11-19-2019, 03:28 PM

I'm seriously discouraged with my weight loss. I have only lost five pounds since this August. I am going to be honest, I have cancelled my WW. I'm trying intermittent fasting and going to the gym three times a week, but still not losing weight. I've lost inches, but not weight. I think it's because I'm nursing and my body is refusing to let go of the pregnancy weight. Very discouraging!!

Last edited by NZquilter; 11-19-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:49 PM

It does get frustrating, NZquilter. If you are still nursing, give yourself a break. That takes alot out of your body. I know there are some that say you lose weight nursing, for me it was no way, I was starving most of the time. They unveiled the new programs and it's essentially one where you track everything have a few free points, track somethings and have more free points, then track almost nothing and have alot of free points. I stuck with the one that's in the middle but I've read that some are really losing by tracking everything. Your points change depending upon how many things you track. If I hit a plateau, I'll start tracking everything.

If Moonrise is still here, I saw your Vogel pictures. DH and I walking to AnnaRuby Falls is one of the main things that made me want to go back to WW. We spent a wonderful week up there at the Dailey & Vincent Bluegrass Festival.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I'm seriously discouraged with my weight loss. I have only lost five pounds since this August. I am going to be honest, I have cancelled my WW. I'm trying intermittent fasting and going to the gym three times a week, but still not losing weight. I've lost inches, but not weight. I think it's because I'm nursing and my body is refusing to let go of the pregnancy weight. Very discouraging!!
Oh my gosh don't be discouraged!!! Losing inches is awesome!! Your clothes are fitting better and you feel better, right? Isn't that what you want? So who cares what the stupid scale says!!

This reminded me of when I was a member at Curves many years ago. There was a woman who had been working out and losing weight for about a year. She had never been physically active, so her body was changing and it was amazing to those of us who were watching her go after it. She was gaining muscle tone and losing fat. She lost something like 50-60 pounds, but she was so focused on reaching her "goal weight" - that magic number that she thought would make her life perfect - that she couldn't hear us telling her how awesome she was looking. Muscle is denser than fat, which means a pound of muscle takes up way less room than a pound of fat. So as you work off the fat and gain muscle, you become fitter and trimmer, but the scale doesn't swing as much. Unfortunately, she became discouraged and disgusted with the scale and quit. Please don't make this mistake!
Old 11-20-2019, 05:57 AM

Thank you for your encouragement, Peggi! You are 100% right. I have had some small non-scale victories, like increasing weights at the gym.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:23 AM

I got an email from WW advertising a new program called 'myWW'. Does anyone know how it is compared to WW Freestyle? I guess I just wanted WW to work for me so badly and am hoping against hope this might. https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/la...link1_23112019 . I would appreciate any feedback!
Old 11-23-2019, 07:06 AM

myWW gives you options to pick the plan that will work for you. The Blue plan is basically the same as Freestyle. The Green plan is basically the same as "Beyond the Scale", the smart points program that most of us loved and lost weight on. On the Green plan, I have 30 daily points and 21 weeklies. The Purple plan has lots of free foods and includes potatoes and carbs, which would be even worse than Freestyle for me. I am not positive of the points on the Blue and Purple plans.

I lost 66 pounds on smart points and have struggled ever since Freestyle started. I have gained some weight back and have just been on a roller coaster. I was so excited when they announced this new plan and gave us a choice of how we want to work the plan. If you select a plan and find that it's not working for you, you can switch to one of the other plans. They ask that you stay on whatever plan you start for at least two weeks.

I can't imagine how much IT work went into the app to account for the differences in the plans. I am happy that WW listened to all the members who were so unhappy with Freestyle, like me.

Good luck to everyone. I hope you find a plan that gets you to goal. I know my mindset is so much better just since I was able to go on the Green Plan.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:20 AM

Thanks, Judy! I'm going to try the Green Plan and see how it goes. Does it still have zero point foods? Because I know myself too well: five hard boiled eggs = zero points, but I'm starving! I would rather that they were one point each.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Thanks, Judy! I'm going to try the Green Plan and see how it goes. Does it still have zero point foods? Because I know myself too well: five hard boiled eggs = zero points, but I'm starving! I would rather that they were one point each.
Eggs are now 2 pts each on the Green Plan. Most fruits and non-starchy vegetables are about the only free foods on Green. But you start with at least 30 dailies, so there's room for those eggs. If you go onto the WW website, you can find the list of free foods, but like I said, fruits and veggies. Good luck with whichever plan you choose. I'm loving being on Green.