Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you store opened jelly roll fabric? >

How do you store opened jelly roll fabric?

How do you store opened jelly roll fabric?

Old 06-06-2018, 11:11 AM
mac

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
OM gosh. I'm getting a couple of pms from OCD people saying the hanger hooks are not in line, the strips are not evened up, or sorted by color and it is driving them nuts. I don't have an OCD bone in my body. So no I'm not changing how the strips are hung. LOLOLOL
That's funny. I also don't have an OCD bone in my body either and I thought your hangers looked just fine.

Your comment reminded me of the time that I joined a quilt guild out of my area that was near a military base. Although there were a lot of non-military quilters, I hadn't realized how many people in the military quilted and belonged to the guild. Taking a couple of classes that the guild had sponsored, I soon realized that my style of quilting and organization was light-years different from the way they did things. They were very neat and structured in everything they did. I heard such descriptions of me over the time I belonged (of course, said in a very nice, polite way) as: flamboyant, organizationally impaired, whimsical, and my favorite comment was, "How do you think with all of the flies buzzing around in you head?" I had to scratch my head on that before I finally understood what was meant by that comment. To which I replied, "I can't think when my desk is clean. Disorganization is the best gateway to being creative." I smile whenever ever I think of being organized.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Being an ex military wife I can relate. I had to keep everything organized ready to move. No place is permanent for long. Not being organized would have been a mess to deal with and stressful when moving day came usually with a three day notice.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:36 PM
mac

Those long Artbin boxes pictured on page one are on sale at Joann's for 50% off. In fact, all storage boxes are 50% of for the next couple of days.

Their premium quilter's cotton that sells for $12.99 on sale for 60% off.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Thought I was the only one who got the crazy pms...

I roll what's left of my jelly roll back up and slap a rubber band around it, to hold it. Just did this last night, in fact.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
I have never seen those long boxes from Artbin before. Where did you purchase them?
https://www.amazon.com/ArtBin-Quilti...p+storage+case

https://www.craftsy.com/quilting/sup...ip-case/489894

https://www.joann.com/artbin-translu...2Bcase&start=1
Old 07-02-2018, 09:58 AM
mac

Thanks for the information.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:26 AM

I roll it back up and re-tie it with the ribbon. I then cry because it used to look so pretty and now it doesn't!
Old 07-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
OM gosh. I'm getting a couple of pms from OCD people saying the hanger hooks are not in line, the strips are not evened up, or sorted by color and it is driving them nuts. I don't have an OCD bone in my body. So no I'm not changing how the strips are hung. LOLOLOL
The crazy pms are the reason that I post almost nothing. I couldn't believe that people had the time to write to me and demand that I send them a copy of a pattern or tell me that I should have chosen another color...
Old 07-03-2018, 06:01 PM

I purchase my jelly roll bins at Hobby Lobby with the 40% coupon.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:22 AM

I use these bins as well. I found them at Hobby Lobby and use yhe 40 percent coupon.