Newbies challenge

Old 03-04-2010, 03:45 PM

TEXASANNIE: If you would send me your phone number in a PM I will give you a call we can arrange things. Welcome to my family daughter. I am 51 years old back in January.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:52 PM

For what it's worth- i think that this is a great idea. i have been quilting for about 10 years. i machine quilt my baby quilts and send the bigger ones to a LAQ. i like the piecing part- hate antthing by hand. if i can do it on the machine- i will. have done some PP and applique-applique not my favorite. i'm not a "perfect" piecer-points are cut off and sometimes the block is not so square, but i don't worry about that too much. would be willing to help someone learn what i know-give me 10 minutes.LOL
Old 03-04-2010, 04:04 PM

I have two daughters now :thumbup: Kyiav10 and Up North

Oh, how I love my twins! :lol: Now to get started!!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM

What a great idea! I haven't read the whole thread, but I am a newbie and would love a mummy or daddy!
I took sewing classes in Highschool and a quilting class in university, but didn't finish my first quilt until 8 years after I started.
I got a new Janome QC for Christmas and haven't tried it yet because I am a bit intimidated and don't know what all the parts are, despite reading the manual... :oops:
I also love handquilting, which is what I did with my first quilt.
I am not that interested in applique yet or even wallhangings, I like big quilts, scrap quilts, bargellos, jello roll quilts, and so on.
I'd like to learn how to attach borders, match up points perfectly and miter, especially.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Hi, I am new to computers,just getting back to quilting after a lengthy break. I bought a Bernina 630 in 9-09,a Bernina 830 in 10-09 & a Bernina 1300DC serger in 12-09. I am feeling way over my head & could use all the help I can get. I am slowly taking classes @ the shop where I bought them,but feel I need more. I would love to have a mentor who could help me through the frustrations of learning to quilt well and enjoy it!
Please adopt me & I will be the best student you ever had!Oh,I
also have a longarm table sitting in boxes that either of my sewing machines will fit on & would love to use it someday,but feel there are other steps (baby) I should take first.Can you help me?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by quazyquilter
I would like to challenge all the "veteran" quilters on this board to find a "newbie" and adopt one. I have taken one under my wing, so to speak and I am teaching her to quilt via this board, e-mail and the phone.
:
I don't know if I'm considered a newbie or not. I have been quilting for 3 years now, but I am totally self-taught. I FM quilt, but not very well. I just tried my first PP block (BOM on this board). It came out better than I expected, but not perfect. I have designed a couple of my own quilts, but I know I still have much much more to learn. Right now I am attempting the tube quilt for my DIL. It is very very cool. Just having some issues with getting the seams to match this time.
Would welcome anyone who would like to mentor a mediocre self-taught quilter with much to learn.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

I would love to have a mommy to, in case I get stuck on something. I am learning a lot on this doll quilt. Please some one pm me if they can help with an a question once in a while. the doll quilt is the first quilt I have ever done. Penny
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Ok LOL I have been talked into being Rere's adoptive Mommy! LOL I kept wanting to do this yesterday but felt I was too tied up right now to join. But she assures me that won't be a problem! I also didn't know if I should do this as I don't make full size quilts. But we are in agreement so I will help all I can!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM

I am a new quilter and would enjoy having someone to guide me in the art of quilting. I live in Pueblo,Colorado. This is only my second posting on the thread. Thank you in adVANCE. CeCe
Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Wondering if there is anyone still needing a Mama? I have the basics down and even paper piecing. I do quilting on my home machine either stitch in the ditch or cross hatch. For what I don't know, I am sure we can find an answer.

I need to be adopted also as there are many things I havn't learned. I still am looking to learn FMQ, needle turn applique and all the advanced stuff. I am scrappy challenged as I like things to have a pattern/symetry (spelling?).

I would be happy to be a Mama for someone just starting.

Sheila
Could you help me. I can't get you added to our list. So there is something I'm not seeing connected to your name. I'm inputting "Panther Creek" but it isn't working.