Newbies challenge

Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Cindyjean, do you have a mommy for quilting yet, If not I would love to help you.

Cookie
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, but I can adopt a newbie ... nothing gives me more joy than to teach someone what I do and then watch them develop their own style.
I can do just about anything EXCEPT art deco design ... I am more of a traditional, scrappy quilter, I guess you would say ... If there is anyone out there still looking for "mommy" ... I would gladly adopt you <wave>
Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 PM

I am mostly an art quilter with years of trying everything, would love to help you, just ask away!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 PM

I am a newbie to quilting, (am hooked). I read all I can on this thread. But a problem I have: Is figuring out what all the capital letters or abreviations mean. Like FMQ, SID, EQ5. Sometimes I can figure out by the way the sentence reads but normally not. I know how to use my sewing machine for regular sewing but not the attachments. Most of what I have learned is from a friend (also basically a newbie) or I've picked up a bunch from this forum. By the way, I'm not really computer savvy either. Recently retired so I can do these things.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM

A lady did respond to my original post. Just waiting on a reply from her. But hey, never hurts to have more than one Mom.. Never had one growing up.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM

I see your name is Omak. Is that in Omak, Washington. If so, I lived in Twisp for 12 years, working of course so didn't know any of this. Now live in Coupeville, on Whidbey Island.

SSutherland
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by SSutherland
I am a newbie to quilting, (am hooked). I read all I can on this thread. But a problem I have: Is figuring out what all the capital letters or abreviations mean. Like FMQ, SID, EQ5. Sometimes I can figure out by the way the sentence reads but normally not. I know how to use my sewing machine for regular sewing but not the attachments. Most of what I have learned is from a friend (also basically a newbie) or I've picked up a bunch from this forum. By the way, I'm not really computer savvy either. Recently retired so I can do these things.
FMQ = free motion quilting
SID = Stitch in the ditch
EQ5 is a quilt block designing program
sometimes, the best help for learning those things is to ask <g>, and there is almost ALWAYS someone in the Live Chat that will answer your question ... find the Live Chat by going to the top of any forum page and clicking on the Live Chat letters ... <wave>
Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by SSutherland
I see your name is Omak. Is that in Omak, Washington. If so, I lived in Twisp for 12 years, working of course so didn't know any of this. Now live in Coupeville, on Whidbey Island.

SSutherland
You left heaven to go to ???? oh, well <g> we all have to live somewhere, eh? LOL
I am now in Soap Lake, Washington ... but was named Omak when our grandson was born ( he didn't know what a grandma was for a LONG time!) Even though we moved, I had been Omakmama for so long, why change? LOL <wave>
Old 03-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by cindyjean
A lady did respond to my original post. Just waiting on a reply from her. But hey, never hurts to have more than one Mom.. Never had one growing up.
okay ... so the lady who you are waiting for is Cookie's Crafts? Did you PM her or???? ... because if you scroll back up the page, she has responded to you at least twice (I haven't read every page <g>) on this page. I have to close up for the night, so I will check back in with everyone tomorrow <wave>
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 PM

SSutherland