Crushed!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 PM

So sorry, but glad you are ok. I hate it when people steal things....if they need help, I sure would do what I could for them...but stealing is low.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:01 PM

one of my "saturday night pizza gang" asked if you had put it on your charge card--most of them have a theft/damage guarantee. it might pay to check with them to see if you are covered...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
I;, afraid with the economy the way it is, it;s going to get alot worse
I agree.....my husband always carries a concealed weapon (legally) as things just keep getting worse. If I carried one to the fabric shop and someone did this to me I would end up in jail for shooting the thief.....you just don't steal someone's fabric!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 PM

If you slept under a quilt made from stolen fabric, wouldn't that just be begging for nightmares? Let's hope so! :twisted:
Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 PM

I am truly sorry this happend to you or that it happened at all! Some people are so wacko its a good thing you didn't get hurt. )))HUGS((( to you.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:50 PM

I'm so sorry this happened. We all need to use this as a reminder to be very careful and aware of our surroundings wherever we go. Even so, bad things will happen. We are all thankful that you weren't hurt and your id wasn't stolen.

I'm with a couple of others. If you let us know what you bought, we might be able to help you recoup your losses from our stash:-)
Old 02-27-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
I'm so sorry this happened. We all need to use this as a reminder to be very careful and aware of our surroundings wherever we go. Even so, bad things will happen. We are all thankful that you weren't hurt and your id wasn't stolen.

I'm with a couple of others. If you let us know what you bought, we might be able to help you recoup your losses from our stash:-)
Don't have any horse fabric, but I do have other fabrics I would love to share. Maybe Batiks or Moda basics?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:54 AM

What a horrible experience. I don't understand why people want to hurt others. I know you must feel so violated, I know we did when our house was broken into.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gigi07
Fellow quilters... beware!! I still can't believe what happened to me today. I finally saved up the cash to get the material to do my sisters quilt. Went in town to a small strip mall for fabrics. Had a great time "feeling" the fabric's and finally found exactly what I needed. She is a horse lover but can't do like she use to. Any way, I was putting the first bag in the car which had thread etc in it... turned around and a young woman was running off with my bag of fabric!!!!!!!!!!!! Stunned!!! shock!! She just disappeared when I looked for my phone to call the police.... no one in site.. anywhere? I usually do my shopping online because I have a bum knee, it is such a nice day here today I decided to get some fresh air and headed into town. I know to be aware of my surroundings but this takes the cake. Be very careful out there, you never know who is watching you.
Gigi07 I am so sorry that this happened to you, this person not only stole from you but from your sister too. I am glad that you are okay.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:20 AM

People are HORRIBLE!!!!!!!