Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For All of You Snowed In >

For All of You Snowed In

For All of You Snowed In

Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by bgullett
Michigan hasnt had much snow this year. Four inches the other night. They are predicting up to 10 inches for us Tuesday night. I am kinda hoping so I can sit and sew and enjoy my quilting room. Haven't been there in a while, was in a funk. I am getting out of it!
Funk's are wonderful things to be getting out of!! More power to you. Hugs and smiles and happy quilting.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by desertrose
Originally Posted by dphelps
I am aware that the Northeast US in particular has been blasted already this year with LOTS of snow and I am wondering....do you welcome being snowed in as a chance to catch up on your sewing/quilting or are you getting cabin fever yet?

As an escapee of all that weather, I can remember very well how you feel. The first few storms are great to catch up on your quilting projects. Then things start getting a little funky and you need an escape, any where if just for part of one day to bring you back in touch with the outside world. That did something to reset my confinment attitude. The one thing that always gave me the greatest hope that I would survive was when The Flower Show came to Boston, MA.
and they didn't have it last year... and i don't think they are this year.... i agree, it was a great reprieve!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM

WOW!! I loved the pics. Here Saskatchewan, Canada we didn't get as much snow as all of you did, but we've had a couple of very cold days, minus 30s. That bothers me more than the snow. I remember way back we used to get a lot more snow.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
I'm not far from Cheryl and basically have been dealing with getting snow cleared from another impossibly long driveway and doing housework. The house always seems to require more work when you're forced to stay in for some reason.

Diana near snowy King of Prussia
Housework can wait!!!!!!! Sewing can not!
Old 02-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Well everybody. Hurry and get caught up on your chores. Another storm is coming and if caught up you can use this one to have some quilt time provided we don't all lose power. Battan down the hatches this one sounds like a really nasty one. They said it will affect up to 33 states. Winter can't end soon enough as far as I'm concerned. yuck. :-(
Old 02-01-2011, 10:45 AM

FOR SURE! from the midwest- early out for my school this afternoon, and probable no school tomorrow!