Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-13-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Oh my gosh... so much to say! First of all, Libster, Beautiful Quilts! I get so excited seeing finished boom quilts. I have my 4th of July (yep a bit late) one at the long arm quilter right now. Pics soon.

Kass - as always, wow! I love the poinsettia block and digging the black! You're so amazing.

And finally, all you hares better watch out, this tortoise has entered the race! Here is my first completed block for PamelaOry - I just love this fabric and am happy how the block turned out! The pattern is Kitty Corner from Patchwork Square website. Now I just want to abandon everything else and make boom blocks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597812[/ATTACH]
I love it Jayne! You got the hares attention for sure!

Libster, I love your completed quilts, they are both so lovely.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:04 AM

GramE and Cheesehead thanks for the awesome blocks. My red, black and white quilt is going to be fabulous.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:42 AM

Good morning, Dunes. Libster, I've added your two completed quilts to the quilts section of the gallery. They're on top. JayneW, I've put in the pic of the block for PamelaOry. If you change it, repost it and I'll swap out the pic.

It's supposed to be a cloudy day with thunderstorms possible later. They pups and I have had our early walk and we came in drenched from the humidity yet it was before dawn. Wow. Good day for a yoga class and then some piecing. I've got Joanelizbay's Dunes block cut out but I've changed my mind so I guess I'll just play with it a bit to see what comes to mind. Hope everyone has a pleasant day!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:22 AM

Everybody that's seen my Boom 20 Christmas quilt loves it and wants it! I tell them that having talented quilter friends really pays off. I'm giving all of you credit for your gorgeous blocks that went into making it. Thank you, Guys, this one is m-i-n-e!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Everybody that's seen my Boom 20 Christmas quilt loves it and wants it! I tell them that having talented quilter friends really pays off. I'm giving all of you credit for your gorgeous blocks that went into making it. Thank you, Guys, this one is m-i-n-e!
I'm glad you love it, Libster! I have some boom quilts that I intended to give away, and then just couldn't. Had to keep them!
Old 07-14-2018, 02:33 PM

I got two more done today.
Klaws - circle of squares
DShannon - chubby star
Attached Thumbnails klaws-circle-squares.jpg   d-shannon.jpg  
Old 07-14-2018, 05:33 PM

This is what I am doing to relax after a hot car drive home from Sisters. I will try to post some pictures this week. It was fun and I got to tour the show with mjpEncinitas. Her DH took some great shots of us that she plans to post.

So while I was driving on a two lane mountain road, Mona G posted the chubby star for my Halloween quilt. Thank you. Both blocks are adorable.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:13 PM

Okay. Okay. You shared how delish they are but then the recipe ingredients? I love cream cheese, mushrooms, bacon, garlic and parm...but then you had to combine it together for a new improved recipe and then share. How am I supposed to resist? I will now have to try these. Mushrooms are so good for you.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Approx 2 months ago discovered cream cheese stuffed mushrooms at a Chinese rest. Fell in love they were so good returned paying way to much for lunch just to eat the mushrooms. Then googled recipes, looked easy enough made my own at home, oh wow just as good as the restaurant's. Decided to improvise my own recipe adding bacon, minced garlic, and pepper powder, oh and doubling the amount of parmesian cheese ................................... hot out of the oven moments ago ............................................... OMG so amazing, seriously ate so many I can't even breathe right now!!!!!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Those are two cute blocks, Mona.

DS, can’t wait to see your pics from Sisters!
Old 07-14-2018, 06:52 PM

DS so glad you were able to meet up with MJP. Can’t wait to see the pictures.