"Weigh In"

Old 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM

I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN

WE ALL CAN WE ALL CAN!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:00 AM

We all most definitely can...
Old 03-20-2010, 03:09 AM

Good morning! This will be an awesome day! Whatever you do today, it will be just what you need to have a wonderful day!

Start the day today by putting on some peppy music. Dance while you do the necessary chores. See if you can move FASTER for just 15 minutes.

If today is your happy sewing day, take a break every 90 minutes to wiggle and stretch to fast music. It will help your circulation and your joint stress.

Let's burn a few EXTRA calories today, just for the fun of it!
Go! Granny! Go! LOL!

Have a happy, happy day! You deserve it!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good morning! This will be an awesome day! Whatever you do today, it will be just what you need to have a wonderful day!

Start the day today by putting on some peppy music. Dance while you do the necessary chores. See if you can move FASTER for just 15 minutes.

If today is your happy sewing day, take a break every 90 minutes to wiggle and stretch to fast music. It will help your circulation and your joint stress.

Let's burn a few EXTRA calories today, just for the fun of it!
Go! Granny! Go! LOL!

Have a happy, happy day! You deserve it!
Sounds like a plan, I'm going to a quilt meeting, and than some housework and sew,sew,sew. I hope to do well this week??? All we can do is give it our best!! Suppose to be in the 70's here today, sure hope so.
Have a great day ladies!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 AM

I have to get serious about this now. Nurses are not good patients-I work for my doc and he knows my medical history (none-lucky me!!) so I really don't do the "every six month check up" thing. The worst I've had is one cold in 5 years. Well yesterday I needed a Tetanus Shot (sewed completely thru my finger) so we did the whole office visit thing. My blood pressue was up!! 148/80!! I'm shocked-it's never been above 110/70 and is usually lower. I have been overdosing on Doritos lately so I don't know if that's it or not. Well he told me to change my eating habits (which I'm really trying to do) walk more, lose 4 lbs and we'll recheck it in 2 weeks. Then if it's still up, we'll talk medication. This is what I like about my doc--he believes in life style changes first rather than starting med right away.
So now I'm nervous (prob elevating BP more) so this morning I cleaned out fridge and pantry and got rid of all "non-healthy" items, esp the damn Doritos!! I'll also watch sodium content much more closely.
Wish me luck and keep sending suggestions and encouragement PLEASE!!
Peace-Jan
Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Happy Sunday to everyone! Just wanted to post that I finally got on the treadmill and lost two more pounds this week. Hooray!!

Just want to keep encouraging everyone to do the best they can. It is so worth it!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:31 AM

Well I didn't do to bad this week, but hope to better next week, remember a pound is a pound!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I have to get serious about this now. Nurses are not good patients-I work for my doc and he knows my medical history (none-lucky me!!) so I really don't do the "every six month check up" thing. The worst I've had is one cold in 5 years. Well yesterday I needed a Tetanus Shot (sewed completely thru my finger) so we did the whole office visit thing. My blood pressue was up!! 148/80!! I'm shocked-it's never been above 110/70 and is usually lower. I have been overdosing on Doritos lately so I don't know if that's it or not. Well he told me to change my eating habits (which I'm really trying to do) walk more, lose 4 lbs and we'll recheck it in 2 weeks. Then if it's still up, we'll talk medication. This is what I like about my doc--he believes in life style changes first rather than starting med right away.
So now I'm nervous (prob elevating BP more) so this morning I cleaned out fridge and pantry and got rid of all "non-healthy" items, esp the damn Doritos!! I'll also watch sodium content much more closely.
Peace-Jan
But remember!!! You sewed through your finger... So your bp may have been up due to that! When I'm sick my bp goes up. Your blood is flowing... you know what... you are a nurse! lol I don't have to explain that! lol sorry! Maybe I should become a doctor... lol Anyways, any type of trauma can raise the blood pressure... happens when I get sick, or when I was burned a couple of years ago. I also know how the high blood pressure is a bad thing... My mom has high blood pressure (caused by my aunt, especially since she hadn't any problems since we left the hell house.) She had a heart attack two years ago this week. Now she's working on losing weight and all that so that she doesn't have that again and so she'll hopefully put Type 2 diabetes in remission. I'm trying to lose weight so that I can avoid the health problems.

So don't worry, otherwise when you do go in two weeks, it could be high!!! So stay calm!!!

And sorry! Hope your finger feels better!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
. . .So now I'm nervous (prob elevating BP more) so this morning I cleaned out fridge and pantry and got rid of all "non-healthy" items, esp the damn Doritos!! I'll also watch sodium content much more closely.
Peace-Jan
Congrats on cleaning out the fridge and pantry. Pretty big step. Sounds like you really mean it. Those damn Doritos are one of my biggest downfalls. Good luck with the sodium watch. Let us know how the check up goes.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:31 AM

These are the 34 current participants for the month of March: truepeach, carolevidak, CrystalKicks, laparshall, SharonNC, Lneal, LovingIzabelle, yourstrulyquilts, Karielt, quiltylori, quiltincharlotte, MaryAnn, BrendaB, sewred, janRN, Naturalmama, quilter68, Quickstitch, GrammieSharon, JillR, lacikat, DONK, Teacup, JudeWill buddysmom alaskasunshine AliceQ SewDeer BarbM Quilt4u jnagy1206 MNQuilter Slow2sew Leota

Well girls it's almost here! I'm talking about the end of MARCH. The fat quarter reward winner will soon be decided and all the hard work will pay off for everyone. Just remember any lbs lost is a victory and we can be proud of our accomplishments this month. The last day of March is Wed the 31st. So please on that day, pm me with your total lbs lost. 9 more days! :D :D

Keep making those healthy choices and when you have a bad eating day, get back on quickly. Happy losing girls!! :thumbup:

you can do it, we all can!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22424[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-22424.jpe