"Weigh In"

Old 03-11-2010, 08:48 AM

I am new to the board but would love to join your weigh in. I have been working at losing weight since I had my gallbladder out in Sept. I have lost 45 lbs since. I totally understand how hard it is to lose but it sure is nice to have a network of people who are losing also.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by carolevidak
I took a day off the computer yesterday. Went out to lunch with a friend to Applebees and had a WW sandwich for 7 points and it was really good. Still walking my 2.50 miles with my dog each day and thank goodness I am still losing.

Did you know that they came out with a new orange juice that is only 50 calories or WW 1 pt.? It is Tropicana or
Trop 50. Now we can have orange juice for 1 pt.

Carole
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE OJ but the calories were so high I would drink it only on my cheat day. I hope they are selling it in all areas of the country. Sometimes thigs take awhile to be everywhere sometimes products don't even reach where I am. ( I am not saying where that is cause of SQA)
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PALS65
I am new to the board but would love to join your weigh in. I have been working at losing weight since I had my gallbladder out in Sept. I have lost 45 lbs since. I totally understand how hard it is to lose but it sure is nice to have a network of people who are losing also.
Welcome, of course you can join the weigh in. We have a rewards/insentive program too. It started March 1 and will end I think it is March 28. The person with the biggest weight loss for the month will get FQ's from the loosers. This is the first month we are having the rewards and I am hoping that we will continue every month. You won't have to join that but it will be fun. You will love it here it is our safe place. :-D :-D
Old 03-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Welcome Pals. So glad you are joining us. You will get so much out of this site - support, recipes, tips, and a big pat on the back for trying. We are all in the same place no matter how much we want to lose. So welcome !!

Carole
Old 03-11-2010, 09:02 AM

Yesterday, my friend, gave me the ingredients for the breakfast drink that Dr. Oz drinks everyday to get rid of belly fat. Soooooooo this morning I made it - OMG - it was so horrible I could not drink it. She spent 42.00 on the ingredients for this thing. He says his kids drink it morning instead of breakfast. It was very thick and seedy and yuky. I don't know how he gets his kids to drink this stuff. I will just keep walking and dieting and get rid of belly fat that way - and do sit ups.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Yesterday, my friend, gave me the ingredients for the breakfast drink that Dr. Oz drinks everyday to get rid of belly fat. Soooooooo this morning I made it - OMG - it was so horrible I could not drink it. She spent 42.00 on the ingredients for this thing. He says his kids drink it morning instead of breakfast. It was very thick and seedy and yuky. I don't know how he gets his kids to drink this stuff. I will just keep walking and dieting and get rid of belly fat that way - and do sit ups.
I saw a program where the family were vegans and the kids had to drink green slim for breakfast. You should have seen their faces poor babies while they were drinking it. I was gaging just watching it. You might as well go in the yard and eat grass. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 AM

Yep I understand that. The first 40 lbs was honestly pretty easy because of my surgery. For the last month I have been walking 30 mins a day. Little support groups are wonderful. I have a small group of friends that are using facebook for the same thing. Our favorite saying is "Motivation gets you started, habits keep you going"
Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Good one!

Carole
Old 03-11-2010, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Well I do feel better today, thank goodness. Also got my blood work results back this week, my triglycerides are high, what do I need to stop eating for that one? :thumbdown:
I take fish oil and I have heard it is good for your heart and I think for triglycerides. You may want to google to find out more about the benefits of fish oil.

carolevidak that is good to know about the low cal orange juice. I love to have orange juice with breakfast!!

PALS65 we are so glad you have joined us. Please feel free to offer encouragement and tell us about anything you are doing to get healthier. Stay around and you might be interested in what we will have going for rewards in April.

Stay motivated every day and it will pay!!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 AM

woohoo!

Just got back from my visit with the midwife and my blood pressure was 122/63.

woohoo woohoo.

Considering I haven't slept in my own bed for 3 weeks--my son had pink eye, then I had a sinus infection, then my husband had the stomach flu, then my son caught that. I have made our bedroom the "sick" room and avoided it almost entirely. The sofa is NOT as comfortable as it used to be.

Hopefully with better rest I will get back on the treadmill for my slow walks.

10 more weeks to go and I can join the weight loss incentive!

have a great weekend everyone.

Rose