"Weigh In"

Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 AM

All the time!! :roll:
Old 03-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Lneal
Okay the yo- yo ing is becoming quite frustrating to me and I need some help please :(

I go down, then up, and now up again. What am I doing wrong? I know I am not consuming enough calories to gain 4lbs. so quickly. I think I better get my fq ready to mail out to the winner :lol: :lol:

Is anyone else having this trouble?
What happens is by cutting back on your food intake your body goes into starvation mode and you won't lose weight that is why you should have a cheat day. Our bodies didn't catch up to eating all the time. In days of old when man had to hunt for food their body would go into starvation mode and keep the extra weight so that when there wasn't any food they wouldn't die, they were living off their own body fat. It is the same now if you are dieting and not having a cheat day your body will store the food and not burn it so that your body will have something to live off of until the next meal. Hense you gain weight. With a cheat day your body will have more food/extra calories and reboost itself and burn more calories again. I hope I am making sense, any questions just ask if I didn't explain this correctly.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
Banned

And todays recipe is.................

Oven Baked Cinnamon French Toast
4 servings 105 calories per serving

4 slices bread 60 calories per slice
1 c fat free milk
1 egg
1 /2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp grated orange peel
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cinncmon

Heat oven to 350

Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Put bread slices next to each other in baking dish. Put milk, egg,vanilla and orange peel in a bowl. Wisk together, pour over bread in baking dish. Let it sit about 5 minutes until absorbed. Bake 45 minutes until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven. In a small bowl mix cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle over warn french toast. Let it set about 5 minutes to firm up. Serve warm. If you want to you can top with fruit of your choice but don't forget to add the calories from the fruit.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Boy, it sure is quiet here tonight. Everyone must be exercising !!!

Carole
It has been quiet for a few days I think everyone is out eating burgers and fries with a big chocolate shake. :shock: :shock: :shock: That means it is just down to the 3-4 of us. WE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE OF THE FAT!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: We will help and encourage each other to the very end. So let the others eat cake we will get through this and be healthy and thin. lol lol lol
Old 03-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Lneal you also have to take into consideration that muscle weighs more than fat...

Also, what peachy said is true to a point... yes your body does go into a starvation period, and a cheat day is good... but also look at it this way... Your body will go into starvation mode the first week or so when you start a diet... Thats why week two of a diet is the hardest and you barely lose a pound. But after that your body jsut says... F*** it we'll do it your way... and then you start to lose, even with the cheat day (if done right... just cause you can cheat that day, doesn't mean to go over board)

So you may be gaining muscle!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 PM

I'm here still. I have that darned sore throat back again, I'm hoping it doesn't go into a cough as it did last time. Then we had our 10 yr. old DGS overnight, so haven't had time for the computer. And also, Monday and Tuesday are my work nights.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :) Going to bed early tonight and see if a good night's sleep will help get rid of this crud.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 AM

Well I do feel better today, thank goodness. Also got my blood work results back this week, my triglycerides are high, what do I need to stop eating for that one? :thumbdown:
Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 AM

Start eating olive oil.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 AM

I took a day off the computer yesterday. Went out to lunch with a friend to Applebees and had a WW sandwich for 7 points and it was really good. Still walking my 2.50 miles with my dog each day and thank goodness I am still losing.

Did you know that they came out with a new orange juice that is only 50 calories or WW 1 pt.? It is Tropicana or
Trop 50. Now we can have orange juice for 1 pt.

Carole
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Well I do feel better today, thank goodness. Also got my blood work results back this week, my triglycerides are high, what do I need to stop eating for that one? :thumbdown:
High triglycerides are caused by obesity and also if you are taking estrogen replacement's. B3 or niacin will lower it. If you aren't taking a B complex I would.

Now you have to keep on the diet for your health, and we are here to help you prolong you life. SOOOOOOOOOO............stop quilting for an hour, get up off your butt and take a walk. You are not running any race just move your hiney. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: