"Weigh In"

Old 02-12-2010, 09:48 AM

Great job ladies!!!! Keep up the good work!!

Carole
Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by barnbum
I have weighed myself every morning for years--just works better than way.

I think I'm not taken as seriously here simply because I don't have as much to lose. But, I take my weight very seriously since my mom died at age 61 of diabetes and heart troubles. It made me mad at her that she didn't think it was worth taking care of herself to be around for her kids and grandkids. She was a foodaholic--never stuck to exercise or a healthy diet. It was very frustrating to watch. I will NOT do that to my family.

I'll weigh in for the last time today. I lost 1.5 lbs this weeks after a month of temporary downs--142.5. My goal is 138, so it should happen soon.

Good luck everyone. Keep going--this is important for you and all who love you.
I just read your post but didn't read what led up to this decision. I'm so very sorry you feel like you aren't taken as seriously as others. PLEASE don't leave. I love reading your posts. Anyone can tell you, those last few pounds are usually the hardest to lose. You need us, and we definitely need you. Please reconsider. I didn't even log in yesterday because I feel so bad about giving up. I had a horrible two days. Make a deal with you, you don't give up on us and I will get back on track today and stay there. P l e a s e? I'm sorry for whatever was said to hurt you. :-(
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Karla, I don't know why you feel we do not take you seriously, but I certainly do. It doesn't matter how much you have to lose - it is still hard. we all need support. My feelings were hurt by one member and I am new, but I am not going to leave the support I get here because of one remark. Please do us and yourself a favor and stay with us.
I need you - I need all the help I can get.

Carole
Carole, please let me know if I said anything to hurt you. I would want to make it right. I need all of you! I lurked around for years and finally took a risk and hoped to be accepted. I feel that I knew everyone before I posted anything. I love all my new friends and don't want to offend or lose even one!
Old 02-12-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Woo hoo! Down a pound and a half. But the best part is finally breaking that zero. Been trying for a month to get into the next 10 digit range. Made it today, even though that takes off another of my daily points total. But it's worth it. Onward and downward. :)
Way to go, Pat!!!! Good job. Keep it up. :thumbup:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
My weigh in - lost 1 pound of the two I had put on last week. So that's good - I guess.

Have a great weekend everyone!
I "guess" that's GREAT! :thumbup:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by wvdek
Weighed myself because I forgot to yesterday since we had a snow day at school and I wasn't there to use the lab scale, and much to my amazement and delight I am down from 208 to...are you ready? 198.5lbs!!

You just keep that snow coming cuz that is the only thing different I did over teh last 2 weeks. Tromping through the snow to do chores and plowing the long drive with my handy dandy garden tractor and plow.
That has to burn calories somehow.

Lots of great reports here everyone. So good to have the support.
Are you kidding! Great Job!!!! 10 lbs in 2 weeks??!! Wow! You'd better start sharing info with the rest of us. That is like the losses on "The Biggest Loser" show. We did just get about 8 inches of snow, but DH removed it all with his plow. I'll have to come up with something else.

Congratulations!
You are doing so well! I share your excitement. :thumbup:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I'm finally losing!! My official weigh in is tomorrow morning... so I'll wait to see where it goes between now and then.

WW is the way to go, in my opinion. Nothing else has ever worked for me.
I'm catching up on the posts, since I missed a day or two. How exciting! Thanks for the WW tip. It's good to know what works. Enjoy your success. :thumbup:
Old 02-12-2010, 12:38 PM

Brenda - Of course, it wasn't you. You never say anything offensive. Don't be silly.

Carole
Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Today was my weigh in day -- Dah Dah -- I lost 2 lbs. Was hoping for more - but this was my first weigh in and it was from Sunday till today. Hopefully next week will be more.

Carole
Good job! What a great start! :-)
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 PM

Thank you Brenda!!!!