"Weigh In"

Old 02-12-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
way to go you guys! super job!

I'm back on the right eating track today. May be too late to salvage what I'd lost last week. But onward we go . . . .
Toss out the review mirror, don't look back, just keep moving forward. Each day is a new beginning, each meal is a new beginning. Stick with it.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I have weighed myself every morning for years--just works better than way.

I think I'm not taken as seriously here simply because I don't have as much to lose. But, I take my weight very seriously since my mom died at age 61 of diabetes and heart troubles. It made me mad at her that she didn't think it was worth taking care of herself to be around for her kids and grandkids. She was a foodaholic--never stuck to exercise or a healthy diet. It was very frustrating to watch. I will NOT do that to my family.

I'll weigh in for the last time today. I lost 1.5 lbs this weeks after a month of temporary downs--142.5. My goal is 138, so it should happen soon.

Good luck everyone. Keep going--this is important for you and all who love you.
Karla: I sat at a meeting with a WW member who has 5 pounds to go to reach her lifetime goal. She has lost 75 pounds over the past 3 years and kept it off. Now she is struggling to get off those last 5 pounds. Those pounds are very important to her. We each have different goals, and each of our goals are just as important as the next person's. If we can help you by supporting you in your losing and keeping off 5 pounds, then we will all feel great that we could help. It seems like there were several people who had smaller weight loss goals on this thread. This doesn't seem to be a judgmental group. Everyone has something to offer and everyone can take something away from this group's input. It is your decision to stay or go, but I think you have a lot to offer the rest of us by staying and sharing your experiences.
Linda
Old 02-12-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
A questions for all you ladies - Do you weigh yourself daily or once a week? I tend to weigh myself every morning as soon as I wake up. I am not sure this is a good thing because if you have done everything right the day before and you see no loss or even see a gain - how depressing is that.

Carole
I weigh myself daily on Wii Fit, but I don't really pay too much attention to it unless I see that I have a more than a 1 pound gain for the day. Then I will watch what I eat during that next couple of days, focus on drinking more water, and get a little more movement in. The one I really focus on is my weekly weigh at WW.

At my weigh in last night, I lost 1.4 pounds. Yea!!!!!! and that puts me within 5 pounds of my next goal. Thanks again for everyone's support. It means a lot.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 AM

That is awesome!! I love to reach the next goal, it is such a great feeling when you accomplish what you've set out to do. Congratulations!! Encouraging the rest of us too.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by barnbum
I have weighed myself every morning for years--just works better than way.

I think I'm not taken as seriously here simply because I don't have as much to lose. But, I take my weight very seriously since my mom died at age 61 of diabetes and heart troubles. It made me mad at her that she didn't think it was worth taking care of herself to be around for her kids and grandkids. She was a foodaholic--never stuck to exercise or a healthy diet. It was very frustrating to watch. I will NOT do that to my family.

I'll weigh in for the last time today. I lost 1.5 lbs this weeks after a month of temporary downs--142.5. My goal is 138, so it should happen soon.

Good luck everyone. Keep going--this is important for you and all who love you.
I'm with you on weighing myself every day. I do it twice a day - when I get up and just before I go to bed. I am so in tune with my weight I can guess what the scale is going to read before I step on it. If it reads less then my guess I'm happy.

I only have about 7 pounds yet to loose, but have been trying to loose that for a while now. I really need to work on staying healthy as my father died at age 57 and my mother died at 66. I have other relatives that lived to be 90 and 97 so I want to be one of them!

I think this thread has given me the encouragement to keep trying even if I don't get that from anyone else who thinks I'm small enough. They don't understand being thin is not the same as being healthy. I want to be healthy and feel good. I don't feel good most days.

I hope you stay in touch with this thread. But if you don't I wish you the best of luck in getting and staying healthy.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Banned

My weigh in - lost 1 pound of the two I had put on last week. So that's good - I guess.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 AM

The coolwhip with peanut butter really sounds good Going to try it tonight this is the first day of the rest of my life and I'm going to eat and live healthy!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
My weigh in - lost 1 pound of the two I had put on last week. So that's good - I guess.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Yaaaaaaay!!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:26 AM

Woo hoo! Down a pound and a half. But the best part is finally breaking that zero. Been trying for a month to get into the next 10 digit range. Made it today, even though that takes off another of my daily points total. But it's worth it. Onward and downward. :)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM

Karla, I don't know why you feel we do not take you seriously, but I certainly do. It doesn't matter how much you have to lose - it is still hard. we all need support. My feelings were hurt by one member and I am new, but I am not going to leave the support I get here because of one remark. Please do us and yourself a favor and stay with us.
I need you - I need all the help I can get.

Carole