"Weigh In"

Old 01-23-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by jwwskis
I tried on all my jeans yesterday and was able to put 20 pairs in the TOO BIG bag. Maybe I should do a jeans quilt. Anyone have a good pattern?
That's awesome!! If you put in denim quilts in the search bar, there are a lot of listings on this board. Hope that helps, maybe some one else has better ideaa.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:57 AM

I'm in, but doing it a little different. In may 2008 I was a tight 22 (289#), denying a size 24. Ended up going through a divorce and lost 45#. After having my Hysterectomy in December again have NO appetite so am trying to use that to my advantage. I think I'm down another 10# and in a size 18 (loose). I am shooting for less pop (my "habit") and more movement. I too have several Leslie Sansome videos, but have very energy/motivation to DO them. Would like to get to 200# or a size 14. Also need to start cooking again, have not been in the mood.

LOVE this website for ALL the encouragement in everything!!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Count me in also. Since the first of the year I have been buying only fruits and veggies, chicken and fish. No more junk food. Fruits seem expensive but when you consider that we give over $3 for a bag of chips- no comparison. Also the things I learned in Weight Watchers-"If you bite it, write it" is so true. Also remember to count those BLT's - Bites, Licks and Tastes, they add up
Old 01-23-2010, 10:45 AM

You're so right on that one Karyn! Altho I USE those BLT's...instead of ordering a calorie spendy burger (That Black Angus Mushroom Swiss from Micky D's is over 900 calories alone!) Hubby orders one for himself and I take one bite of it, and then eat my salad. Seems to work for me!

We ought to start a clothing pool! I hope to have some clothes soon that will be too big for me (I've given nearly everything away to Goodwill) I'd be happy to send them to someone here that can use them when I've completely undergrown them!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:59 AM

Chasing Hawk and Jwwskis - you are both so awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration! :thumbup:

Giving myself a gold star today. I've exercised 3 times this week! You have no idea how big that is for me. LOL. I know I have to make it a priority, so I've scheduled it in on the calendar (even though I use videos at home). And I've lost 2 lbs.

My goals this week are to exercise 4 times, and to switch out one cracker/carb snack to a fruit or veggie snack each day.

Thinking good thoughts for all of you!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the reminder to eat enough calories to keep metabolism going. Some days I eat enough to sustain a Penn State linebacker then starve the next day to make up for it. My poor metabolism doesn't know what to do. I think writing food intake down will help.
Another problem: like a lot of people I'm real prone to depression this time of year so activity level has been zero (usually couch to fridge and back). I was walking a mile or so everyday and started doing that again this week. Noticed dog was getting kinda round, too, so this should help us both. I know activity helps lessen depression and speeds up metabolism.
Isn't it funny how we know these things, most are common sense but I need you guys to keep hammerin' into my thick head!!
Thank you all--Jan
Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 PM

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php Check this out! It will help you keep track of calories, and is fun to navigate for other helpful info. I like to watch my daily calorie intake and my burn meter. Thanks Charlee for the info on this site!!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Count me on the weigh in. I'm at the top of the 200s, almost to 300. Health is awful. Diabetic, heart failure, and multiple blood clots in lungs. What I can't do is exercise or increase my heart rate at all. What I CAN do is stay on my diabetic diet for one day at a time, and walk in an indoor pool for 30 mins every other day. That is within my possibilities. I will be your cheerleader and example of what happens when you don't exercise. My bloodclots came from sitting too long in one spot... :-(

So GO! and report your movement progress along with food.
Hugs, MJ
Old 01-23-2010, 04:47 PM

I don't need to lose much--but even the last 5 lbs can be tough! BUT I still need to develop strategies so things don't get out of hand. My trouble places are after school and evenings. I think being perimenopausal goofs up my appetite. :| I've tried decaf tea, but it doesn't work. So, after thinking it though, I made a soup that has very few points so I can eat as much as I want in the evenings. Here's what I did:

I put about a tbsp of butter and 2 tsp of olive oil in a deep fry pan and sautéed a small peeled, diced up eggplant and two small cut up summer squash with a bit of onion and maybe 15 cut up baby carrots. I put some of the spicy garlic in it, with dill, salt, and basil. I let it simmer for a bit. Then I added a whole carton (4 cups) of chicken broth--it was NO salt by Kitchen Basics. I added about half of a small can of tomato paste. It simmered for 15-20 min. Holy cow is it good!! It's perfect for warming up after chores. If I have points left I'll put bread pieces in it. It lasted for 4-5 spurts of hunger!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Count me on the weigh in. I'm at the top of the 200s, almost to 300. Health is awful. Diabetic, heart failure, and multiple blood clots in lungs. What I can't do is exercise or increase my heart rate at all. What I CAN do is stay on my diabetic diet for one day at a time, and walk in an indoor pool for 30 mins every other day. That is within my possibilities. I will be your cheerleader and example of what happens when you don't exercise. My bloodclots came from sitting too long in one spot... :-(

So GO! and report your movement progress along with food.
Hugs, MJ
Aw MJ...we'll be your cheerleaders too! I *KNOW* you can do this...and you're going to be amazed at what it does for you! You may find that your diabetes goes away, or at least is controlled without meds...your blood pressure will drop...and as you get to where you can move more, the phlibitis (sp?) will go away. ~~HUGS~~ We're here for you, because we want you to be around a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time! :)