"Weigh In"

Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Hey everyone, I am a little late joining this thread but count me in too. I have 50-60 lbs to lose, but right now I would be happy losing 10. I have to start somewhere right. I hate exercise and it hates me right back (bad hips and knees) but I am going to try to get things on track. Thanks for starting this, maybe this is the kick in the butt I need
Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Welcome to the family MamaBear! :D Little goals are good goals...they are easier to meet and keep you from getting discouraged! I have the same hip/knee/ankle pain...or I did...it's MUCH better now!
I'm glad you're joining us!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:22 PM

This is my recent health update as of today:

I now have the results from when I went to the hospital on Thursday for more tests.

The clots are not growing, but they also are not shrinking. (D-Dimer test is negative for new forming clots)
"there is a saddle pulmonary embolus involving the main, right, and left pulmonary arteries. This extends into the right
upper, right lower, left upper, and left lower lobe pulmonary arteries."

There is pericardial effusion (fluid around my heart)

The is death of lung tissue in the left upper lobe.

There is scarring in both kidneys and within the liver.

I will discuss with doc tomorrow regarding hosp to pull fluid off of heart.

Remember, try a 10 percent change in 2010! If you take off 10 percent of excess weight, it's a victory! If you exercise 10 percent more, you benefit. If you change 10 percent of your bad habits - you will be paid back 100 fold with new developments in your life.

Keep going, friends. One step at a time, one day at a time.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 PM

Thanks, Charlee. I am starting a Curves six-week weight management class on Tuesday, so I'm not giving up. I've just started! It's just going to take longer. I'm going to do everything the dr. says to try to avoid that brace! Ugh. That would put a real crimp in everything. Besides losing weight and improving health, my goal is to be able to walk (hopefully without pain) along the coast in Maine and Nova Scotia this fall. DH and I hope to take a trip to celebrate our 30th anniversary. At the moment, walking on sand and rocky surfaces isn't possible because of the pain and the twisting caused by uneven surfaces. Goals are good!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM

Hi MamaBear - welcome to the group! I think this is exciting! Getting all the e-mails about comments being made on "Weigh-In" should help me keep on track. There are some good ideas here - small changes instead of thinking of the whole amount of weight we want to lose. They do say the slower, the more likely we will keep it off. We will have incorporated the good eating habits; a crash diet is so fast, we would go right back to our old habits. Oh, I should have said "I would go back to MY old habits! Been there, done that! Let's go girls!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
I am trying, but not sure how I will do.
At least you are willing to try. That is a HUGE step. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-25-2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by lacikat
Thanks so much to the person that started this!! Small victory
yesterday, actually big victory. I ate right and kept my blood sugar under control all day yesterday and did not have to take any insulin last night!!!
YAY!!! That is soooo awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 PM

Have you thought about salad dressing?
Those of you who can consume salads, they are filling and good for you-as long as you avoid high fat dressings.
This is my favorite one:
mix equal parts salsa (low cal and good for you!)
and low-fat ranch dressing (I like Aldi's the best)

very delicious!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 PM

Count me in I'm turning 50 this year and want to be in the best health I can get to. My daughter is doing WW with me and hubby and I are starting walks after work. Its good to have lots of encouragement.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 AM

So far we have on board dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie Mama Bear61 quiltnana

We can do this girls! Iv'e had to think small goals, like 20lbs at a time and skinny is not for me just healthy and feeling better by exercise. Iv'e been jumping 10min at a time on mini trampoline 3 times a day. It works for me and all the encouragement here is such a boost!! Here's hoping more gals will join us.