"Weigh In"

Old 01-30-2010, 01:39 PM

Great job Teacup! What a good idea to share the joy. :thumbup:
Old 01-30-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
By the way, Sew Cornie, I LOVE your avatar. Is that a 9-patch?

Yes it is. It belongs to my 5 year old son. I made it for his bed a couple of years ago. It's my favorite I've ever done.
:-D

Great idea to move your machine to keep it in view. Out of sight out of mind, right? My DH has a desk job and tries to get out for a quick walk around his building a couple of times a day because too much sitting is just TOO much.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:10 AM

You guys are all doing so great--I'll "weigh in" Monday after work and hopefully report some progress. Had one bad day: got home from work (work 8 to 6pm) and didn't feel like cooking. Ate 4 choc Hostess cupcakes and half bag of cheese curls. Dumb dumb dumb!!
I've been working full time the last month or so and Saturday morning I was out of clean underwear (I know too much info) so I reached in the back of the drawer and found an old pair of bikini undies and put them on. Caught a glimpse of myself in mirror. OMG!!!! Didn't I just put on undies? Where were they? My belly was practically hiding them. Well with that image burned into my brain and all the encouragement I'm getting here I'm sure to do better this week.
Keep up the good work and encouragements everyone-can't wait to see our totals Monday.
Peace-Jan
Old 01-31-2010, 06:17 AM

Hang the bikini panties on the refrigerator or door of the pantry to remind you to behave when you open the door. Of course, they might elicit some additional comments/suggestions from others...
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Hang the bikini panties on the refrigerator or door of the pantry to remind you to behave when you open the door. Of course, they might elicit some additional comments/suggestions from others...
HA! Wouldn't my teenage son love that!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:38 AM

count me in too...when it weigh in day??? I walk about 4 miles a day when weather is nice but diet is not too good...I weigh 162 as of today...I gained 20 is the last 2 years and would love to just get that back off
Old 01-31-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I've been working full time the last month or so and Saturday morning I was out of clean underwear (I know too much info) so I reached in the back of the drawer and found an old pair of bikini undies and put them on. Caught a glimpse of myself in mirror. OMG!!!! Didn't I just put on undies? Where were they? My belly was practically hiding them. Well with that image burned into my brain and all the encouragement I'm getting here I'm sure to do better this week.
Keep up the good work and encouragements everyone-can't wait to see our totals Monday.
Peace-Jan

I don't mean to laugh at your situation, but thank you so much for adding some humor to my morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This stuff is hard work and we beat ourselves up so much for slips that it's nice to remember to enjoy who we are and appreciate each day that we have, even if the view isn't what we think of as ideal.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:18 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Oh, JanRN, I agree with SC. Please don't beat yourself up. We learn from each situation. Sounds like you grabbed what you could find that didn't take any preparation. I am really bad about that. I'm trying to remember to keep lots of yogurt handy for those times. If you can, try to plan ahead and have things like fruit (even canned - not much preparation there), sugar free Jello (a little preparation, but put a dollop of whipped cream on top and you have something yummy), almonds or other unsalted nuts (a handful at a time)--things that are immediately available. I bet this will help. I had yogurt instead of ice cream last night. I'm certainly NOT bragging here--just a point that when I was getting ready to go to bed, I was thinking, "I didn't do too badly today except for the ice cream." Then, I realized, I had NOT had the ice cream! I had the yogurt. It was a good feeling, and I bet you will find little ways to make a big difference for you. We will learn as we go and we won't get it perfect, but we will keep working on it and helping each other along the way. :-) BTW, NO articles of clothing on my fridge door either--although I'm guessing that would help. Too funny!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:06 PM

Does anyone want to "Weigh In"? This would be a quick report of our progress made. I'm sure it would encourage others and even keep us motivated!! I'm talking about lbs lost, or staying with an exercise routine, taking our vitamins ect... anything we are doing to get healthy.

Welcome aboard!! Anyone can join us,
Old 01-31-2010, 03:05 PM

Everyone is doing so well. I couldn't believe myself in Sunday school this morning. Got my coffee and had one -yes one coconut choc. chip cookie and didn't want anymore. Had the same image burned in my head of belly over undie top. Ugh, who's body is that anyway? Surely not mine. :oops: :roll:
I will weigh myself at school Wed. as that scale is more accurate than my home one. Fully clothed with top, pants, long underwear (it's wintertime ), underclothes, socks, I weighed in at, um, 208. There I said it!
Stay strong and focused and drink lots of water.