"Weigh In"

Old 02-01-2010, 06:42 AM

Lost 5.6 pounds in January.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:53 AM

I'm in...trying to lose 12-15 lbs. that I gained during December month. I can't seem to stop cravings. I was never like that before. Maybe it is menopause.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 AM

2 pounds for me! :)
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
. . .my will power is weak when eating out. BUT the good news is I only gained 1 pound this time! Now, I have the next 10 days off, 5 of which will be a road trip with eating out every day. I will need more will power! Send some my way. . .
Quilting Grannie: It is tough to eat out at resturants. The first thing I did was to stop going to fast food restaurants with the exception of Wendy's and there I order a salad.
When I am out, I ask for things to be made to suit my weight loss needs. Dressings on the side (low fat). Extra lettuce on any type of sandwich I order. I try to order wraps instead of regular sandwiches or burgars. I also ask for the sauce and dressing on the side and then I use it for dipping. Leave the croutons off the salad (I hated that at first). I only get soups the are made with broth, nothing creamy. Instead of fries or chips, I substitute the vegetable of the day. It takes some getting used to, but the results will start showing up in no time at all. Oh yeah another big one that everybody hates. I only order water when I am out. And I make myself drink it all. Good luck with the changes you are making.
Linda
Thanks Linda. I'm glad I'm not the only one eating the way I'm trying.

I rarely eat at fast food, can't remember when the last time was in fact. And I always order water to drink - trouble is I don't drink much of it. Another problem is we tend to eat at buffets so my DH can have as much meat as he wants on the Atkins diet. I stick to the vegies, but can't stop the desserts although I don't get as much as I used to. Carrot cake is my fav.
Trick will be our up coming trip. I will hopefully have my will power up and running!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
, , ,I stick to the vegies, but can't stop the desserts although I don't get as much as I used to. Carrot cake is my fav.
Trick will be our up coming trip. I will hopefully have my will power up and running!
Oh geez, a buffet, I really can't be trusted at a buffet, because the temtation is too great. But I try to choose only one desert and enjoy every last bite of it. Go ahead and allow youself one piece of carrot cake, but then make it a point to drink the entire glass of water. The payoff is so worth it.

A little something I heard at a WW meeting:

"Nothing tastes as good as losing weight makes me feel."

Linda
Old 02-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

What great suggestions. Ok. ready for a shock? I stepped on the scale and was down 5 pounds with my clothes on! I think it was all water weight, but I'll take anything I can get! At this point, I can share my age (60), but not able to say the pounds yet. It is so nice to have such a cheering section. I have never had that before. It never fails, the minute I go on a diet (without telling anyone), DH comes in with something I don't want to eat. LOL This time, it was pizza. Since it was dinner time and I had not had anything but a Carnation shake in soy milk, I ate one piece. That is progress for me. I would normally have 2-3 pieces of pizza. I just found my calorie/carb/fat gram counter. This will help too. It's kind of silly, but I seem to be able to eat nothing at all, or everything I see. I'm working on finding a balance. Oh, I didn't mention, my avatar is from about six years ago. I have had no pictures taken since then, but have a LOT of weight to lose. Thanks for starting this site. It usually feels impossible to lose the weight, but with all of us working together, I believe we will all succeed.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 AM

Wow! BrendaB. Congratulations on that awesome loss. Hey even if it is waterweight, it is still weight lost, and it has a way of motivating you to keep on going. Keep it up. Great job on only eating one piece of pizza. Did you tell DH you were on a weight loss plan after he brought pizza? Or is it your secret?
Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Congrats BrendaB! I know the feeling. When I would want to loose a few pounds my DH would bring home food, bake something, or we would go out to eat. Now he is also trying to loose so that is a BIG help.
Another thing I used to do was read cook books when I was on a diet and not for the diet food. I'd read them all. Now.... I quilt instead!
Keep up the good work!
Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

No, I didn't tell him about the diet. I knew he would do it, but didn't know it would be so quick. lol I'm keeping it to myself, at least for now. Thank you for your encouragement. :-)
Old 02-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

Originally Posted by ranger
I'm in...trying to lose 12-15 lbs. that I gained during December month. I can't seem to stop cravings. I was never like that before. Maybe it is menopause.

Think that is a BIG ..YES!!!
Who invented this Menopause thing anyway????